•19•

"Orlando, you've been wonderful tonight, thank you all so much!" I exclaim into the microphone when I finish my opening performance. I blow a kiss to the audience and stride off stage to where Shawn is waiting for me with Lili. Bella is standing in the vicinity on her phone.

"You did amazing, Kristen," Shawn pulls me in for a hug, which I gladly accept. I take in his scent and wrap my arms around his torso, my head just reaching the bottom of his collarbone.

"Thank you," I say into his shirt and he pulls away, keeping an arm wrapped firmly around my shoulders.

"He's right, you did great," Lili smiles and nods in agreement. I thank her as Charlie begins to sing. His gentle voice echoes through the arena and the fans go insane, as usual.

Lili walks away to find Peggy. Shawn and I remain standing to watch Charlie performing his heart out. His voice was full of emotion tonight.

"He's incredible," Shawn remarks in awe. I nod, staring at Charlie singing and smile softly.

"Yeah, yeah he is," I reply and feel Shawn look down at me.

"What'd ya say we get out of here?" He raises a seductive eyebrow, making my cheeks go red. I give him a curious look, smiling.

"And go where exactly?" I question and he shrugs.

"I know some good restaurants, if you wanna grab something to eat," he suggests and I nod, suddenly realizing how hungry I am.

"Yes, please," I sigh and he laughs, grabbing my hand and leading me out to the parking lot.

"Oh, can you take me to the hotel really quick? I probably need to change," I say and he nods, glancing at me from the driver's seat.

"I mean, you look great, but if you insist," he remarks and I laugh softly.

We stop at the hotel, where he stays in the car and I run up to our room. I put on a floral romper, placing my flower crown on my curled hair and slip on some tan sandals.

"Hello again, beautiful," Shawn flirts when I step back into the car. My cheeks go pink and I shake my head, biting my lip to suppress a wide smile.

"You really know how to make a girl's heart melt," I reply as he pulls out of the parking lot.

He flashes a prideful smile.
"So I've been told," he answers and I smile, looking out the window.

We sit in silence for a while. The passing lights of Orlando blur together beautifully. I'm in the midst of gazing out my window when it rolls down all of a sudden, startling me.

I whip my head around to see Shawn smirking at me.
"You looked so intrigued, I just thought I'd give you a better view of the city," he remarks with a soft smile. I return it and look back out the window.

For a few seconds, all is right in the world. My curly brown hair is blowing around, tangling in my face but I don't mind it. I'm smiling and Shawn is enjoying the sight in the seat next to me. I look at him over my shoulder and grin widely. He does the same and reaches down, grasping my hand with his free hand. I feel a tingling, warm feeling inside when he touches me.

And in that moment, I knew I loved him. Yes, I wore my heart on my sleeve. Yes, I'd been heartbroken for a while. And, yes, I loved him. I loved him with all my heart...

I felt my heart leap a little in my chest, finally realizing what I'd felt all along. For so long, I'd never felt like enough. But now, with Shawn, our hands intertwined and smiles on our faces, I knew the truth. I loved him. And I knew it. At least I thought I did.