•16•

"Could you shut the fuck up?" Bella glared at me from across the lounge area. The bus had been on its way from Dallas to San Antonio for about 3 hours now and she was already annoyed by my soft (and melodically exquisite, I may add) humming along to the music in my earbuds.

I smiled sweetly at her.
"Nope," I chirped and looked back down at my phone. If she wanted to choose a fight, she could try. But I sure as hell wasn't petty enough to play along.

I heard her sigh in annoyance as I began to play Shawn's album, 'Illuminate.' I could only hope to be as well-known as him one day. But for now, I had to deal with people like...Bella.

Charlie was somewhere in the back of the bus. I was utterly surprised when Bella didn't follow him considering they'd been attached at the hip since she arrived a couple days ago. She was probably still pissed about the fact that Charlie had a private conversation with me without her. A conversation that had done a lot of damage, in fact.

"What did you and Charlie talk about?" She questioned. I took an earbud out just as 'Patience' came on.

"I don't recall it being your business," I replied innocently. She glared at me with a death look in her eyes.

"Listen here, you little bitch," she began. I was already becoming slowly amused by this dumb conversation.
"I know you're all pissy since Charlie chose me over you, but there's no reason to hate on me, 'k princess?" She smacked her gum.

I'll admit, that one hurt. But I could do so much better.
"Listen here, you little slut," I mocked her 'serious' tone and watched as she became more angry.
"I know you're probably pissy since Charlie chose me first, but he was bound to turn to a prostitute at some point...I just didn't think it would be this soon," I replied with a sly smile. Okay, so maybe I was a little petty.

She gasped and made a strange growling noise before storming off to wherever Charlie was. I smirked to myself and looked down at my phone when it started to ring. I saw the name and took my earbuds out so maybe Charlie and Bella would hear. Hopefully.

"Heyyyy," Shawn's voice chimed as his face popped up on my screen.

I smiled flirtatiously.
"Wassup," I grinned and he laughed.

"So, I have a situation, Kristen Rose," he began and I raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
"My sister's birthday is coming up and I have absolutely no idea what to get her."

I shrugged.
"It all depends on what she's interested in, Shawn," I remark and he sighs.

"So I've heard," he states and I laugh softly.

"How old is she?" I ask.

"Aaliyah's 14," he replies and I nod, trying to come up with ideas.

"Does she like music?" I question and he rocks his head back and forth in contemplation.

"Ehhhh," he drew out and I laughed a little, making him smile.

"Let's not do music, then," I reply and think some more.

"How about sports?" I ask and his eyes light up.

"Oh! She loves hockey," he says and I nod.

"There you go, get her a new stick or something," I suggest and he lets out a weird laugh-exhale combination.

"THANK YOU!" He exclaims and kisses the camera. The small gesture makes me blush and I smile.

"Anytime, Mendes," I reply and he grins.