•25•

I didn't even make it through four songs that night without being booed off the stage. It started with a few, then more people joined in, and by the time I walked off stage...it felt like every single one of those 13,000 people were booing.

I'd really done myself in this time.

I exited the stage as calmly and quickly as possible. I managed to keep my composure until I reached a small room backstage, the one I'd been in earlier. I shut the door rapidly and that's when I lost it.

I knew why they were jeering at me, and they obviously had good reason to. First I was with Shawn, even though we weren't official. Then I supposedly cheated, the entire incident all over the internet for proof. And now, three days later, Charlie and I were a "couple". Well, that's what the world thought, anyway. I was a slut to them; nothing more than a whore and a cheater on two perfect guys.

Tears flooded my eyes threatening  to stream down my cheeks. I'd been an emotional wreck all day, somehow managing to pull myself together to at least start my performance, which lasted a grand total of about 20 minutes. I felt tears slipping silently out of my eyes and hiccuped for breaths. After a few moments of silently sobbing to myself, I heard a knock on the door against my back.

"Kristen?" An innocent voice called from the other side. There was no way in hell I was talking to him. I didn't even want to see him. I took a deep, shaky breath.

"Go away," I responded coldly, my voice cracking the slightest bit.

"I just wanted to let you know that I got you an Uber to the hotel," he replied through the closed door.
"It's here for you."

I stood up, readjusting my shirt in the mirror hung on the door before turning the knob and swinging it open.

And there he was. As perfect as ever, his hair a tad messy, just the way it was when I'd fallen in love with him. His caring, warm hazel eyes shone through the dim lights of backstage. He looked at me with such sympathy...it was almost as if I had lost someone. But I had.

I'd lost myself.

We stood there for a few moments, just him and I, in the subtle glow of the stage lights. I must've looked like a mess: runny mascara, red cheeks, hair a tangled mess. But by the way he was looking at me, he thought I was the most gorgeous being alive.

He cleared his throat and broke the gaze finally.
"C'mon," he nodded to the parking lot.

I followed him out some doors and saw a black BMW waiting for me. We walked up to it and Charlie opened the backseat passenger side door for me to climb in.

"Thanks," I sniffed and looked at him. He nodded and watched as I got in. The door shut behind me while Charlie watched as the driver pulled away.

"There's some tissues in the back, I mean, if you want," the driver offered. I found the small box and took out a couple of cotton tissues, dabbing my eyes and wiping my runny nose.

After a 10 minute, silent, car ride, the Uber pulled up to the front of the hotel. However, we weren't alone.

As soon as I opened the car door, I was swarmed by a whole pack of paparazzi. Their cameras flashed brightly in my face, blurring my vision as I pushed my way to the front doors of the hotel lobby. It was times like these I wished I had security.

"Why did you cheat on Shawn with Charlie? Was it voluntary or was it the alcohol???"

"Were you and Shawn Mendes dating? And how does Charlie fit into the mix??"