•21•

"I call showering first," I declare when we reach the hotel room from the beach.

Charlie and Shawn both flash me annoyed looks and I laugh.

"Fine, fine", I wave a dismissing hand.
"But make it snappy, boys."

"Yes ma'am," Charlie smiles teasingly at me before walking into the bathroom.

"Someone's in looooove," Shawn teases. I whip around to see him lying on his stomach on the bed looking up at me with big round eyes. My heart sped up...was I that obvious? Could he tell?

"Huh?" I try to play dumb and he laughs.

"Charlie's obviously still in love with you," he states and I take a mental breath of relief.

"Oh," I say.
"I don't think he ever loved me in the first place."

Shawn gives me a look.
"Please," he sighs.
"Everyone who knows you should be in love with you, Kristen Rose."

I feel my cheeks turn pink and I smile, leaning against the bed so our faces are inches apart.

"And everyone who knows you should be ashamed they're in love with such a flirt," I tease him and bite my bottom lip, smiling. He smiles back and leans in, closing the small gap between our lips. His soft lips crash into mine and I savor his taste, the flavor of our lips together.

As I pull away, his eyes open and stare into mine lovingly.

"What was that about being in love with me?" He questions with a sly grin. I roll my eyes and stand up.

"You know what I meant," I answer and smile softly. He smirks up at me.

Soon, Charlie is out of the shower and Shawn heads into the bathroom.

"That's a lovely look," I remark sarcastically, referring to Charlie's wet hair and basketball shorts.

He gives me a playful scowl and I laugh.

"I might wear this just for you, then," he answers, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"I mean, I'm not complaining, since you are shirtless after all," I reply. Crap. That was stupid...why would I say something like that? I'm in love with Shawn; Shawn is my everything.
And Charlie is over me, that was obvious by his phone call to Peggy this morning.

"Was that a flirt?" He asks with a wide grin. I shrug and lean against my bed.

"Take it as you wish," I smugly say, earning a suppressed smile and a head shake from Charlie, who's blushing.

Shawn emerges from the bathroom, shirtless as well. I glance from Charlie to Shawn, grinning.

"There's a trend here, huh?" I ask, pointing at them both.

Charlie shrugs and smirks.
"Maybe it's a flirt," he teases and makes me shake my head in disbelief, though I'm still smiling like an idiot when I walk into the shower.

I rinse my body of any remaining sand and salt water. I step out and wrap myself in a towel, blow drying my hair and curling it into soft waves. I then apply a grey and black smoky eye to match my dress for the night. After that, I slip into my black, strapless mini dress with some shiny black pumps. I put my dangling silver earrings in, along with my silver bracelets on my wrist.