•26•

I silently sat on the couch with my feet kicked up, journal in hand. My single was about 80% complete. I just needed to finish the bridge and finalize the chords. I felt like it really explained and shed some light on what I'd been going through recently.

I sighed and glanced out the window, watching the world speed by from the tour bus. I heard some muffled sounds coming from the back of the bus, presumably Charlie in the recording studio.

Soon, his head poked in the doorway. Without even glancing up, I saw him out of the corner of my eye but I didn't acknowledge him until he cleared his throat softly.

"Um, we should be arriving in Atlanta soon," he stated. I nodded, scribbling down some lyrics as I did. He stood in the doorway uncomfortably for a moment before taking a seat across from me.

The silence was deafening and uncomfortable. It was as if we both wanted to say something, yet neither of us was brave enough.

"Kristen," he softly said my name.

"Hm," I hummed and heard him sigh a little.

"Look at me," he said. I obeyed and met his hazel eyes' steady gaze.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. I scoffed and shook my head a little to myself. I wasn't going to listen to his nonsense.

"Kris," he barely said.
"Please, just hear me out."

I looked at him again, his eyes now glistening with tears. Maybe I should give him a chance.

"You have 3 minutes," I replied harshly. At first he looked taken aback, but soon realized he was wasting time and began explaining.

"I never wanted this to happen," he paused, standing up to quickly come to my side on the couch. I flash him a confused look, yet his eyes show pure determination and love.

"You are the most special person I've ever met in my entire life, okay? From the beginning, you've treated me like I was a normal person, not some celebrity. Everyone I've ever known and loved has started to treat me differently since I became famous and," he took a breath.
"It was just really upsetting. And then I met you. You, changed my life by finally acting as if I was a real, actual person, and," he softly laughed.
"I fucked up. I fucked it up so much and I am so, so sorry."

2 minutes left.
I almost bought his little apology act.

"I fell for you, alright? I fell in love with you so hard and fast I didn't know how to handle myself. You were different than anyone I'd ever met. I knew you were something special; and I felt like I didn't deserve you. I just didn't want to hurt you, Kristen. I distanced myself and tried to keep from hurting you because I knew I couldn't hurt someone I truly loved. And seeing you with someone else," he paused and shook his head.
"It broke my heart. I couldn't lose you...and when I did," he sighed.
"I lost myself."

1 minute. Did he just say he loved me?

"And in the process of trying not to hurt you," his voice softened.
"I just made it worse."

45 seconds. My heart was aching for him again, just like when we first met. It was that feeling of true admiration and that subtle flutter in my heart that made my stomach drop, in the best way possible. My eyes teared up a little at his words.

"I never meant to hurt you," he whispered, his voice cracking just slightly as if he were about to cry, which his sad eyes showed as well.

"I love you, Kristen Lahey," he barely whispered, tears threatening to spill from his eyes at any second.

He still had 30 seconds but he didn't need them. I had to have him. I grabbed his sculpted jawline swiftly, and all at once, our lips were locked, like two long lost, perfect puzzle pieces finally reuniting. He lifted a hand to one of my cheeks, rubbing it softly as our lips moved in perfect synchronization.

And in that moment, I loved him.

But it wasn't a "true love" kind of love.

It was a love I'd never seen coming.

A dangerous love.

I'd never loved anyone like I loved him. I had once thought I loved someone, but it turns out, I hadn't. A crush isn't love. This, this perfectly-imperfect life Charlie and I led, this was love. We had been through practically hell together and somehow, someway, we were still okay.

I finally pulled away for air and opened my eyes. His gorgeous hazel eyes stared into mine as I smiled genuinely. I'd never been so happy.

"I love you, too," I finally confessed. He grinned and laughed softly in relief. His hand was still pressed against my cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

"I promise I'll never hurt you again," he reassured me.

I gave him a small smile.
"You better not," I teased him.
"I might have to hurt you."

He laughed breathily and leaned in again. His soft lips collided with mine and I fell into his kiss again.
________________________
Charlie's POV:
She fell asleep on my chest when we both laid down on the couch. I stroked her gorgeous brown hair as she slept peacefully, her head resting right where my heart was beating for her.

She was my everything. I'd only known Kristen for about 2 months now, but those 2 months were enough to change my life forever. I'd loved her since the first few days I met her, got to know her personally. This girl was my whole reason to live now. Seeing her hurting for so long was heartbreaking. Hopefully she's alright now.

We stayed that way for a while until her eyelids fluttered open. She blinked a few times before sitting up straighter and rubbing her eyes.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," I teased her and she laughed sleepily. God, she was gorgeous.

"Where are we?" She questioned. I shrugged.

"That's an excellent question," I reply and she hits my shoulder jokingly. I laugh and take out my phone.

"Ummm," I wonder to myself as I open the map app.

"Somewhere in South Georgia," I answer and put my phone away.

Kristen rolls her beautiful blue eyes playfully.

"You always have been such a specific soul," she jokes and makes me laugh.

We turn on Netflix in the lounge area until I feel the bus come to a stop. I sit up, looking out the window to see us at our hotel.

"Looks like we've arrived," I state and help Kristen up as we head out the door.

I see Peggy and Lili standing outside of a black car in the almost empty parking lot. Kristen and I walk over to them.

"Afternoon, ladies," I smile flirtatiously, causing a laugh from them both.

"Hey, guys," Peggy answers, glancing at Kristen and I.
"How's it going?"

I nod and glance at Kris, who smiles brilliantly.

"Amazing."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~