•20•

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of Shawn's gentle breathing next to me. I roll over to face him, looking  up at his peaceful sleeping face. I smile to myself and hear Charlie's hushed voice behind me.

"I can't do this," he almost whispers.
"I can't go on without her, Peg, I just can't."

Ohhhhh. He's on the phone, I guess. I know I shouldn't be listening...but that's never stopped me from doing something I shouldn't.

"Peggy, listen, I made a huge mistake with this one," his voice is lower now.
"She's not like the rest." He's talking about Bella.

My heart aches a little in my chest. Yes, Charlie hurt me. But that doesn't mean he deserves to be heartbroken. Nobody deserves that.

I hear him sigh.
"Fine, okay, bye," he hangs up and flops on his bed, making a loud creaking noise.

I watch as Shawn's eyelids flutter twice before his chocolate brown eyes open. I pretend to be asleep as quickly possible so it won't look like I was watching him sleep. But I totally was.

I listen to him yawn and feel him sit up in bed. I blink a couple times, then rolling over and smushing my face into the pillow.

Shawn laughs softly next to me.
"Morning, sunshine," he teases in a deep morning voice. I groan into the pillow and flip myself over to look up at him.

His messy hair is adorable, a tangle of brown curls on top of his head. My eyes fall trail down to his shirtless, chiseled abdomen. He runs a hand through his curls and stands up, wearing nothing but some basketball shorts.

"We're leaving in an hour," Charlie says from his bed. I flash him a confused look.

"Why so early?" I ask.
"We don't have a show tonight."

He gives me a small smile.
"You're right. However we are going to the beach, which is about an hour away. So, if you want to be at the beach longer, I suggest we leave early," he remarks. I feel my heart skip in my chest. I'd been dying for the beach for a month now. Even though I lived in California, I never had the time to go to a beach.

"Yay!" I exclaim, jumping out from the under covers. I then stand up on the bed and begin to jump, making the two boys laugh.

"You're gonna hurt yourself," Shawn warns.

"And then you won't be able to go the beach," Charlie adds. I fall down onto my butt on the soft mattress.

"You can shower first," I tell Charlie, who shakes his head, glancing down at his phone.
"I already did."

I check the time. 7:28 A.M.
"How long have you been awake?" I questions curiously.

He shrugs and tosses his phone down on the bed. I suddenly realize the dark circles under his eyes, only visible to someone who knew him as well as I did.

"I don't think I fell asleep, to be honest," he offers me a sad smile. I give him a sympathetic look before turning to Shawn.

"Looks like you get the first shower," I smile at him. He lays on the bed, his huge brown eyes looking up at me.

"Ladies first," he answers. I have a brief flashback of Charlie and I's argument about the bus shower, quickly shaking the thought out of my head.

"Oh, please, Shawn I insist," I reply, earning a look from Shawn.
"I take like 10 years to get ready."

"It's true," Charlie chimes in from his bed. I glance at him smiling innocently at me and attempt to look mad, before cracking a smile at him.