6.

Dinner8:45 P

Dinner
8:45 P.M

Crystal

"It was alright. Nothing special today..."  I shrugged, taking a sip of my water.

Dinner tonight was a little awkward, but my mom tried so hard to make conversation to lighten things up.

It wasn't really working...

"I can't believe you're actually graduating soon." My mom whined. "It feels like I was just changing your diapers yesterday. My baby is growing up so fast."

"Well, we all have to grow up someday huh.." I said blandly, glancing at Kendrick.

He looked at me with a slight frown for a while before catching on.  "Are you trying to throw trees?"

"Trees?" I questioned. "You mean shade?"

"Whatever you call that shit." Kendrick shrugged. "You know what I mean."

"Kendrick. Your language." My mom nudged him.

"I apologize baby." He smiled, leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

I watched in disgust.

It was silent for a few minutes, making dinner even more awkward than it already was.

I could still feel the tension from last dinner wandering in the atmosphere.

"So. Crystal." Kendrick cleared his throat. "I hear you have a little boy toy now."

I looked up at him and he wiped his mouth with a slight grin.

My eyes shifted over to my mom. "You told him that?"

"Yeah. I mean why not? Did you not want me to?"

"Actually no because for one, Chris is not my boyfriend and second, why would he even care?" I said.

"I care about you. Besides. You're going to be my stepdaughter in about a month or so, so why not stay informed on you." Kendrick said.

The thought of Kendrick being my stepdad made my stomach hurt.

I scooted my plate away from me. "I'm done."

"Crystal." My mom called out as I quickly made my way upstairs, but I ignored her.

I don't care if they're married or not. I do not want to be apart of that man in any type of way.