30.

Jacob

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Jacob

Silence overtook the atmosphere as everyone exchanged glances.

I was honestly lost for words. What the fuck were we supposed to say?

"I-uh." Crystal stuttered.

"He's a murderer..." Chris suddenly spoke up.

I darted my eyes in his direction and he was giving me a look of hatred.

What did I ever do to him?

"I never left, Crystal." He continued. "I was waiting on you to come out eventually, but I saw that man right there come in." He pointed down at the body.

"What man?" I asked.

He couldn't possibly know who it was. He was completely wrapped up.

"Don't act dumb punk." Chris squinted his eyes. "I heard a fucking gun shot. I know that guy is in that bag. I don't know how the police didn't find anything, but you might as well give it up."

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about-"

The woman cut me off.
"Whoa whoa! Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here! Please tell me that isn't a dead body in the bag." She looked at Crystal.

Crystal looked at me with fear in her eyes.

I nodded.

The woman gasped and covered her mouth, backing up a bit. "Crystal! Please tell me you didn't have anything to do with this. Oh my god..."

I could tell she was starting to panic.

"Mom no! It was self defense. The guy was going to hurt me and one thing led to another."

Crystal's mom threw her hands up. "I have to call the cops."

"No! Please!" I reached out to her stopping her.

She frowned at me. "And why fucking not?! There is a dead body in that bag! I don't know who you are, but I will not have my daughter around shit like this! I'm calling the cops!"

"Please you don't understand ma'am. You really don't. You can't call the cops. Just hear me out." I pleaded. "If you call the cops, your daughter will get in trouble too. I know you don't want that...."

She looked at me.

"Please just come in so we can explain everything." I said, dragging the body back inside.

"I don't-"

"Mom! Just come in." Crystal yelled.

Her mother sighed, but stepped inside along with Chris.

Selena didn't say a word, she just stayed close to me.

Closing the door behind everyone, I took a deep breathe, running my hands through my curls. "Ok.."

"So this is why you weren't returning my calls Crystal?" Crystal's mom spoke. "Because you were busy hauling dead bodies. What has gotten in to you. Do you know how much trouble you could get in? Someone needs to tell me what's going on and they need to tell me now!"

_

_

_

_

"Crystal was supposed to leave. I didn't know she was still here, he was going to hurt her and I'm sorry. I should have been more attentive. I didn't mean for her to be apart of this. That's why I try to protect my little sister. She's all I have... if the cops find out, no telling what will happen.. I can't risk it.." I finished my story.

Everyone was sitting on the couch staring at me as I spoke.

I had told everything from my child hood, my mother, my suicide attempts, my depression, Mario's ways, me being bullied, my social anxiety up until now.

It took everything in me not to cry, but...

Quickly blinking my tears away, I looked up. "Yeah.."

Crystal's mom sighed. "I am so sorry to hear that. I truly am. No child deserves to live like that...."

Crystal scooted closer to me and rubbed my back in a reassuring way.

"Thank you for protecting my daughter, little one." Her mom said, looking at Selena. "You're very brave.."

Selena didn't respond, she just leaned her head on me.

"Fuck that. I know you don't feel bad for this nigga." Chris kissed his teeth. "Are we forgetting about the corpse on the floor?"

"Chris.. please." Crystal semi yelled.

He sighed, shaking his head and leaning back.

"Look.... I won't call the police..."

I quickly looked at the middle aged woman with brightened eyes. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yes. I would've be able to live with myself if I did, knowing I putting you and your little sister in jeopardy."

I got up and gave her hug. "Thank you so much mrs..."

"Jennifer."

"Well thanks mrs Jennifer. I know this is crazy.. I honestly didn't want to drag Crystal into this, but-"

"But I told him I wasn't going to leave him." Crystal said.

"What were you all going to do with the body?" Jennifer asked.

"We were going to take it down to Riverdale and put it in the lake and just go on with our lives like nothing ever happened...." I said. "I know it's wild, but I have no other option. If you would like to, you could leave and take Crystal with you and I'll do it alone."

"Jacob no. I told you I'm not leaving you and that's final."

Jennifer looked at Crystal and then me, and then at the body, contemplating on her words.

"Oh my gosh, what am I about to get myself into.." she said lowly, sighing, putting her face into her hands.

"What is it mom?" Crystal frowned. "You can go home I'll be fine-"

"I'm coming with you.."

"You are?" I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" Crystal said.

"What?!" Chris yelled, frowning.