35. Finale

1 month later

Friday
8:55 PM

Crystal

"Dear Jacob

"Dear Jacob. I miss you so much and not a day goes by that I don't think about you and those goofy shades that you always wore. When I first met you.... I just knew that you were a beautiful soul. I didn't actually think that you would even talk to me, but I thank god that you did. Even though you aren't here right now to hear me say this, I know that you're someplace beyond this cruel world watching me. If I could go back in time I would do things differently than the way they went. I never meant to hurt you and I never meant to betray you. I am so sorry Jacob. I constantly blame myself for you doing what you did to yourself. I should have been there.... but it's been a month now and I can't do anything but think about the small moments we spent together. As complicated as you were, I wouldn't have changed a single aspect about you and I will always call you the boy with the shades... my best friend... forever."

I looked up from the loose leaf paper I held in my slightly trembling hand and down at the tombstone that sat inches away from my feet.

I quickly batted away my tears before they could run down and ruin my makeup. "Rest in paradise angel." I smiled, placing the note in front of his tomb and placing a small rock on top of it so it wouldn't fly away.

I stared at it for a few more seconds before finally turning around.

"You ok?" Shunte spoke up.

I nodded. "Yeah. Come on."

"It's ok ma, he's in a better place." She said, locking her arm around mine.

We then walked over to the limousine that was parked on the curb for us.

The chauffeur was waiting and quickly opened the door for us. "Watch your step." He said, referring to the curb.

"Thanks you." I politely thanked him and stepped into the car along with shuntè.

I let out a deep sigh, looking out of the window and out into the dark cemetery.

I just can't believe it's really been a month since that day.... it feels like it was just yesterday.

"Come on C, cheer up. It's prom night. You know lil uzi wouldn't want you worrying your pretty little mind about him. He would want you to have fun. You look bomb as fuck sis! He's probably looking down at you right now like DAMN BABY."

I couldn't help but to let out a laugh. That girl is something else.

"Shuntè." I chuckled. "Yeah... your right. He'd probably be at home chilling. You know social events weren't really his thing."

"Yeah but he'd definitely be egging you on."

I nodded. "Yeah... I miss his weird ass."

"I'm not gonna lie, I miss lil uzi too, but it's ok. Don't question god's plan. It was his time to go home. We'll see him again one day."

I leaned over and hugged her. "Thank you bae."

"Anytime girl. Now let's go turn up. We ain't get this fine for nothing."

Since we both didn't have a date, we were going to prom together. We'd both decided on yellow and we were definitely gonna turn some heads when we showed up.

I grabbed my phone and went to Instagram checking the picture I had posted a few hours ago.

Itsjustcryatal: Pretty in yellow 🤩 #Prom2k18 #Prom #melanin 2 hours ago526 likes ❤️View all 103 comments     Joshhoopin: 😍😍 Damn    Kaylay: Omg crystal ! Bitchhhhhh    PlayboyChristopher: If I wasn't expelled, yo ass would be my date

2 hours ago
526 likes ❤️
View all 103 comments
Joshhoopin: 😍😍 Damn
Kaylay: Omg crystal ! Bitchhhhhh
PlayboyChristopher: If I wasn't expelled, yo ass would be my date. real talk hmu imy baby.

I rolled my eyes seeing chris' comment. I haven't talked to him since that night and he's been blocked ever since. He's completely cut off because what he did was foul and I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for it.

I just pray Jacob forgives me....

Tonight is for us.

I'm gonna have fun for the both of us. Because I know that's what he'd want.

You'll forever be in my heart Jacob

You'll forever be in my heart Jacob. And as long as I live, I'm going to cherish you.

Gone, but never forgotten.

© The Boy With The Shades
2017-2019