11.

After School

Crystal

I yawned as I carelessly threw my books into my locker, slamming it afterwards

I was so glad this damn day was over. Around this time of year, I get so lazy. No lie.

"Today went by so freaking sloooow." I groaned, walking towards the school's exit with Shunte

"Oh really? You didn't spend your time wondering about lil uzi vert.?" She chuckled.

I pushed her shoulder playfully. "Girl. His name is Jacob."

"ooo, AND you're taking up for him. Okok I see you mama."

"He's just so..... confusing."

"What do you expect? Don't act brand new like you didn't know he was a little off. Everyone knows."

I shook my head. "Nah. He's not OFF. I just think he's going through something. Today he seemed kind of.... out of it, like something was heavily on his mind. He didn't want to be bothered in 1st period. We didn't really talk. We only talked about his hand..."

"What about his hand?" Shunte frowned.

"It was bruised at the knuckles." I said. "He said his sister slammed it in the door."

Shunte gave me a straight look. "Are you that damn slow? That man probably knocked a nigga out."

"He said-"

"If his hand got slammed in the door, don't you think more than just his knuckles would be bruised?"

"Shunte he-"

"Wassup ma.." I was cut off, feeling an arm wrap around my shoulder.

I looked over to see it was Chris.

He had pushed right past shunte

She gave him the most brutal stank face. "I know this nigga didn't just push me.." she said lowly.

"Hey chris..." I said blandly.

"Why the long face baby? You aint happy to see ya boy?" He grinned.

"No actually.." I Muttered.

"Huh?" He frowned, not hearing me.

"What?" I quickly said.

"Anyway. Whats the move tonight?" Chris asked.

"It's a Thursday Chris. My house is the move." I said.

"Ok that's cool. I'm cool with coming over there." He smiled.

"No, it's ok.." I quickly said.

"What about that date? Remember our conversation?"

"DATE?!" Shunte said loudly. "You going on a date with this man?"