34.

8:40 AMCRYSTAL

8:40 AM
CRYSTAL

The drive to the hospital felt long.... long and scary. The anticipation was getting the best of me and no matter how hard I tried to wipe the thought of everything being my fault away, truth is.... it is my fault. Jacob needed me and I...... betrayed him. Just like everyone else in his life did.

Looking out of the window covered in rain drops I couldn't help but to silently weep. My anxiety was at its most high. "Mom..."

"Yes honey?" She said softly. "What if he's dead?" I cried.

"You can't think about that Crystal. Just continue to hold him up and prayer. God is in control. Don't stress yourself out."

I shook my head. How could you not stress in a situation like this? And the fact that Chris called the cops on him only adds to my emotions.

"We're about to pull up. You ready?" My mom asked looking over at me.
I wiped my face and took a long and deep breath. At this point I had no choice. "Yeah."

My heartbeat nervously increased as my mom pulled into the hospital's parking lot.

"Oh my gosh I'm so scared." I bounced my leg.
"Crystal stay calm. Breathe." My mom reassured me as she pulled into an empty parking spot, cutting the car off.

We sat there in silence for a few seconds.

"Come on.." my mom said.

I shook my head. "I don't think it can do this."

"Crystal.."
"What if we get in there and find out the worst." I breathed.

"Crystal we're here now. You wanted to come. If he's alive he's probably looking for you. Come on." placing her hand on my knee. I looked at her and she gave me a soft smile.  I nodded, opening the door and stepping out.

My mom wrapped her arm about me as we walked inside of the building. Surprisingly the waiting room wasn't too crowded. Just a handful of people.

Walking up to the counter I cleared my throat.
"How may I help you ladies?" The middle aged woman greeted us.
"U-um Yes. We're looking for Jacob Perez?"

The women put her glasses on and started typing on the keyboard, skimming through something on the computer. "Uuuum. Are you two related to mr. Perez?"
"He's my Bestfriend.." I simply said.

The woman slowly nodded, taking her glasses back off and looked at us with a soft look. "I'm sorry but it says here that Jacob passed a few hours after he arrived."

My mom looked at me.
I froze, feeling completely numb instantly. It felt like I couldn't move, not even if I tried.

"N-No.." I shook my head. "No. That can't be right. It can't be."

"I'm so sorry ma'am." The woman said.

Tears slowly started to water up behind my lids and I held onto my mom. "Mom nooooo." I cried.

"Shh Shh. It's ok baby." My mom rubbed my back, hugging me.

"Noooooo!" I cried to the top of my lungs. I hadn't felt a pain like this until this very moment. It felt like my soul had left my body. "Jacob I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have left you." I heaved, loosing feeling in my legs.

My mom held me up and managed to pull me over to a chair.

"I was his one friend mom. He trusted me and I betrayed him! This is all my fault." I coughed, sobbing. How was I going to live with myself knowing that the one choice I made led to the last moment of Jacobs life. What kind of friend was I? I had promised him that I would stay with him and help him... and I turned against and went against my word.

All that time I spent thinking about him and trying to get him to open up....

When he finally did.... I decided to leave him hanging. I don't even want to think about how hurt he felt when he found out I was gone.

Seeing that he took his own life says enough...

I sat there crying and hyperventilating for about an entire hour until my mom was able to calm me down and get me back to the car. I just couldn't believe it....

Jacob...... was really gone...
I was never going to see him again...

"Crystal I know it hurts, but just know that he's resting in a place of paradise at this very moment. I didn't know him, but I could tell he was going through a lot and where he is now.... he won't be hurting anymore." My mom said.

I looked at her and nodded, giving her a faint smile.

"Yeah. No more hurting..." I looked out of the window. It wasn't raining anymore and the sun had come out.

"I love you Jacob. I won't forget you."

Story FINALE next chapter