9.

9:05 P

9:05 P.M
Jacob

That night Selena and I laid in her room. She was so shaken up, I didn't know what else to do. She sniffled in my chest for the past six hours and I even cried a little with her, but I didn't let her see that.

I could only imagine the fear that was wondering through her brain. I shouldn't have stopped at the store.

A little guilt started to eat me up at the thought of would could have happened if I had walked in later than I did.

I rubbed her hair, singing a small lullaby that my mom used to sing to me.

"Arrorró mi niño,
arrorró mi sol,
arrorró pedazo,
de mi corazón.

Este niño lindo
ya quiere dormir;
háganle la cuna
de rosa y jazmín.

Háganle la cama
en el toronjil,
y en la cabecera
pónganle un jazmín
que con su fragancia
me lo haga dormir."

I repeated the song lowly for a few more minutes until she finally stopped crying and fell asleep.

"Thank goodness..." I said lowly, before gently scooting from under her.

Ever since the fight, Mario hadn't come in here or out of his room in general.

I silently walked over to the door, looking back at Selena before fully exiting.

Maybe he was still out?

I went down the hall and peeked into the room.

My heart jumped a bit and I froze when I saw him sitting at the end of the bed.

He had a busted lip, a blacked eye and a knot on his eyebrow.

He sat there staring down in his lap.

He had a gun.

I tried to silently back up, but he instantly looked up and pointed the gun my way. "Don't!"

I froze.

"Fucking move..." he said lower.

I put my hands up. "Mario-"

"Shut the fuck up!"

He stood up from the bed and walked over to me.

I backed up until I bumped into the wall.

"You must be out of your mind?" Mario gritted through his teeth as he grabbed my shirt and placed the gun to the side of my head.