23.

Wednesday 6:26 AM

Wednesday
6:26 AM

"So these will be for your headaches and pains and these will be for your nausea." The doctor said as I stood at the counter.

I was so happy to be leaving. They'd kept me in here all day yesterday, even though I was supposed to leave yesterday.
I nodded quickly, not really caring what he had to say.
"Make sure you take it easy on any activity. Your rib isn't really quit stable enough-"

"Yes ok doc. I know. Can I just go now? I have things I need to do." I said, grabbing the papers for my prescriptions.

The doctor nodded. "Yeah I guess your all free to go. I tried to get in touch with your father Mario? But we failed to get a response or an answer from him."

I sighed. "He's not my father and doesn't give a damn about me. I fend for myself. I'm cool. Is my car outside or???"

"Oh, no. It was actually taken to your house the day you were brought here. Did you need for me-"

"Fuck." I groaned. "How the fuck am I supposed to get home then?"

"I um, I don't know. We tried-"

Could I use the phone please?"

"Sure, no problem. Absolutely." He nodded.

He reached down and handed me the cordless phone.

I took it and limped over to the other side of the lobby.

Tapping the phone against my hand, I tried to think of who to call. I damn sure wasn't going to call Mario.
The only person I could think of was Crystal, I just don't know if I should call her....
But I don't have much of an option right now do I.

"SHE SAY DO YOU LOVE ME, I TELL HER ONLY PARTLY, I ONLY LOVE MY BED AND MY MAMA IM SORRY!" Shuntè and I yelled as our favorite part of God's plan blasted through the radio

"That's the only part I know." I laughed.

"Bitch me too." She laughed, bobbing her head to the beat.

"We a little too turnt on a Wednesday morning." I shook my head.

"Shit, we gotta get through the rest of the week somehow." Shuntè shrugged.

"True true. I just don't feel like going to first period. I didn't do that ugly ass project." I said.

"Girl me too. Nobody did that shit. Don't stress you ain't alone." Shuntè sighed.

I then felt my phone start to vibrate in my lap.

Looking down and grabbing it, it was a unknown number.

I turned the radio down.

"Who the fuck..." I said lowly, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Crystal?" The voice asked through the phone.

I frowned. "This is she. Who's this?"

"It's Jacob.." he said.

My heart immediately skipped a couple beats. "Oh my gosh Jacob?! Are you ok?! Where are you? I've been worried about you. Did-"

I could hear him chuckle. "Whoa whoa. Hold on. I'm fine. Thanks. I'm at hopes trust hospital.."

Lord knows how happy I was to hear from this boy. I was so freaking worried. I'm just glad he's ok.

But he called me?

"I know this is such short notice, but I'm stuck here. They took my car to my house and I don't have any money or anybody to call to come and get me... it's ok if you can't, I just-"

"I'm on the way." I said quickly.

"Bitch what?" Shuntè frowned at me.

"We ain't going to school today. Jacob needs a ride. He's at hopes trust. Can we go get him?"

"Hoe that's a 30 minute drive!"

"Shuntè please!" I begged.

"I guess." She sighed, checking her rear view mirror before making a U turn.

"We're on the way Jacob. I'm with Shuntè."

"Ok cool, thank you. I really appreciate it. I promise you when I get a hold of some cash, I'll repay-"

"No no. Don't worry about all of that. I got you." I smiled to myself.

"Alright thanks Crystal."

"Ok bye bye." I said.

We ended the call there and I felt so happy, but also a sense of relief.

So many thoughts were running through my mind about him. But he's fine. Thank god.

I still can't get over the fact he called me for help. I guess he really does see me as someone he can rely on or trust.
Or maybe I was his only option and it's nothing serious.
Who knows. I just can't wait to see him.

-
I know I knoooow this is short asf 😭🤦🏾‍♀️ sorry y'all. I'm tryna update more consistently.