19.

JacobThe bell rang for lunch and without hesitation, the entire class darted out before letting the teacher complete his sentence

Jacob
The bell rang for lunch and without hesitation, the entire class darted out before letting the teacher complete his sentence.

Me on the other hand, I packed up slowly.

Throwing my backpack over my shoulder, I slowly walked towards the door.

"Hey Mr. Perez?" Mr. Jones called after me.

I turned on my heels.

"I just wanted to ask you how you were doing. You know I've noticed you've missed quite a few days." He said.

I shrugged, not really wanting to explain anything.

"I'm worried about your grade son. You've been sitting on a 60 the past few months. You're kind of making it hard to work with pulling your grade up." He said. "I'd hate to see you repeat this class."

I sighed, adjusting my backpack strap. "Alright..."

"Just try to show up more often ok? And maybe I can give you a packet or something to make up your grades."

I nodded and turned to leave.

This class wasn't the only one that I was failing, so I wasn't really bothered anymore. I had bigger shit to cope with and this school was the last thing on my mind.

Walking into the hall, I could see everyone walking in the direction of the cafeteria.

I went the opposite way towards the parking lot. I didn't like being in the cafeteria.

As much as I wanted to stay home today, I came anyway. Being away from Mario for a few hours was better than anything.

I kind of regret giving in to Mario and telling the police that it was a misunderstanding. Like maybe if I had let the police investigate, maybe Mario would be sitting his ass in jail right now. Shit, who knows... but it's too late for all of that now. As long as Selena is alright I'd take the heat.

I guess I just had to face it. My life was my life and I just had to deal with it....

Pushing through the double doors I walked into the parking lot.

It was kind of cloudy outside. I didn't think it was going to rain though.

Finally making it to my car I unlocked it, stepping in.

This is usually where I spent my lunch period. Waiting around in my car.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and noticed I had a text from Crystal.