Kilio and the rock python

Yeah I'm gonna be adding titles instead of numbers from now on

Kilio couldn't sleep, no matter what she does she just couldn't because she felt like she was being watched. She looked outside the den; "Maybe a walk will do me some good." She thought and got up on all fours.

It was a nice and quiet night, there were no stars in sight but the sky itself was beautiful, to her atleast, since deeper in the Outlands the sky would turn red and everything there is just even worse and more miserable than where she is now so the navy blue sky was a clear sign she's in the safer part of the Outlands.

But still, even with the comforting sight of the deep blue sky and her attempt to shake off that feeling, it still feels like she's being watched, just somewhere. She stopped walking then made a head movement, she didn't turn back or look around, just jerked her head to the side and her ears caught on to the sound of slithering.

"You can come out now, I know you're there." She said, more slithering sounds. "Don't try to slither away, I'll just sniff you out."

"Good. So you're a hyena with brains." A voice said, Kilio faced whoever was there and found a small snake.

Kilio looked unimpressed. "What are you doing here? You know this is Janja's turf." She got down to the snake's level.

"Yes I do, so what? I'm just wandering around to see what you're up to. That's all." He said, unafraid.

"So, you're snooping?" Kilio emitted a low growl; "I don't like snoopers.

"And I don't like hyenas." The snake said and grinned; "They smell bad. Like you-"

He was interrupted when Kilio slammed her paw down on him, pinning him against the ground.

She took one good look on his fangs, they weren't shaped like the fangs she was familiar with.

"No venom? So you're a rock python." Kilio guessed.

"Like I said before, you're one of the smart hyenas." He said, "Let me go, I have business to take care of."

"Yeah, like it's any of YOUR business!" Kilio growled; "Give me a good reason to let you go and I might just do that."

The snake rolled his eyes. "I don't have a good reason." Then he smirked; "But since you refuse to let me go." He opened his mouth and bit her paw, making Kilio lift her paw up and howl in pain. The snake quickly slithered away, leaving Kilio with a pained paw to tend and an angry scowl.

"So she's been here for all this time." The snake thought; "The head family are going to enjoy this."

A/N:

I know, short chapter and some of you are propably like:

"But Author! We've been waiting for 21 days and this is the best you can give?"

I'm sorry, I've been working on a different story I've had in mind for some time now and it's coming along very well and will propably exceed this story when I finally publish it so I got a little side-tracked. I still care for this story, but not as much as I used to like when I just started out in Wattpad so.... I don't know, maybe I'll be publishing less and less from now on.

Propably you:

*Exxagerated Voice* "But Author! I did not follow you just to get one short chapter after waiting for 21 days! I demand you update more frequently despite my knowledge you have a life outside Wattpad and are invested in working on a different story!" *Whining noise* "I have rights, okay!"

And you're opinion of when and how frequent I update doesn't matter because in the end it's still me who's in control of this story, I might come off as mean now and arrogant but I'm just stating the truth, I will update, just not as frequently because I've been in alot of different fandoms and I've been feeling the urge to write a story about them. So, until the next time (or next millennia), I'll see y'all next time.