Closure (Good And Bad At The Same Time)

Alright, I promised someone I'mma do this:

Since so many books stop and never continues, the least I could do is tell you guys how Good and Bad At The Same Time and my scrapped sequel: Expiration, are supposed to end before I decided to quit and stop this:

In Good and Bad At The Same Time, Mzingo is alerted by the snake from the South that they want Kilio back or else there will be a  clan war between Janja and Kilio's father. The belief among Southerns is that runts are a culmination of the bad luck their ancestors had to face, so having a second or third born cub is bad luck. That's why Kilio's mother refused to nurse her before Aina, the grandmother, fought her and forced her to nurse the little cub. The belief also meant that if the cub didn't stay in the South when it dies, then the bad luck will come back in the next generation even worse than if it had stayed in the South, which is why the Southerns didn't just abandoned Kilio outside their territory.

Also, because of the belief Kilio was badly treated among her birth family, but never killed because part of the belief was that whoever kills the runt will become the next bearer of bad luck. A few of Kilio's scars were more from accidents on her part, but scarred so much because Kilio was too young to know how to nurse her own wounds properly, and her family didn't bother to teach her how or treat them properly.

When Kilio was a few weeks old that's when she started to become an "annoying pest" to her mom, who was by far the most abusive towards Kilio. Her brother belittled Kilio for her small frame and timid nature, her father ignored her unless she made a mistake, her extended family wanted nothing to do with her, and her mother scratched her when Kilio annoys her with her innocent questions such as:

"Mom, why is the sky blue?"

"Mom, I saw a lizard. Can I eat it?"

"Mom, when is grandma coming back?"

A lot of Kilio's deeper scars were inflicted by her brother and mother. But even with the reminders that she could be hurt again, Kilio often asked her mother if she could learn how to hunt at such a young age because she's so hungry.

Kilio only ran away from the South a few days after Aina died after making a deal with Death (She's the hyena who traded her last years for Kilio to live again)

Because Aina was dead, Kilio felt like she had nothing to wait for in the South because the only love she got was from her grandmother.

Though, Aina wasn't a very, um, noble hyena. Don't get me wrong, she does love her grandmother, but the reason why she never took Kilio with her and away from the family was because of their strong belief that they basically haze Aina when she tries to take Kilio away, and because of her old age she gave in and just left Kilio after her visits.

I never intended Aina to be this "Noble grandma who will do everything to keep her grandchild safe" even if that's how I painted her to be in previous chapters, ---I actually planned to show her flaws in what could've been future chapters.

In the end of Good And Bad At The Same Time, Janja, having been a role model for Kilio (Her previous feelings towards purples a mirroring of Janja's), decides to have Mzingo send Kilio away to the outside lands away from both the Pridelands and the Outlands, because the reputation and rumors about the Southerns reaches everyone in the Outlands, so he knew Kilio's father will keep his word of war if he doesn't have her.

In his best efforts he ordered Kilio to be taken to foreign lands, where she's supposed to wait until the whole mess is done. Mzingo lead her on a 5 day trip across the Outlands and into foreign lands that Mzingo left her in a grassland with trees and a small pond.

Before their trip, Janja told Kilio he had fresh business to do with another clan and he was sending her away for her safety. Of course, Kilio was stubborn and refused to leave, and, in what she assumed was rage, Janja yelled at her for not obeying him and sent her away. Of course, Janja only yelled at her because it was her life on the line if she didn't leave, but Kilio didn't know that the Southerns were looking for her and will war against Janja for her, because Janja knows she could very well turn herself in just for them.

And it didn't help Kilio that Mzingo left her in foreign territory, where Mzingo said he'll be back one day and explain everything to her. But he never came back, leaving her stranded in unknown territory and lost because of unfamiliarity.

In the end of Good And Bad At The Same Time, Kilio thought her clan had abandoned her.

And with how bad she parted with Jasiri, (I was planning on having Jasiri lie to her sister that the Wild Dog fell on her which was why she couldn't feel her paws, and that Kilio helped her get up which was a truth in a disturbing lie) Kilio just felt awful for what she's done to who could've been her friend, that she felt like Death was punishing her somehow.

(My original plan for the sequel, "Expiration" will have its own closure chapter soon enough.)