Surreal

Anger burned Kilio's entire being, but she knew she has to push it aside for now. The Wild Dog started backing away before running, terrified. Kilio wanted to chase after him, to make him pay and even kill him, but she knew someone didn't have time for her anger.

Jasiri's maimed paws lay uselessly on her sides, broken and with the bones shattered. Quickly Kilio got to work, casting a worried glance towards her friend and almost cried.

Jasiri's purple eyes were half-lidded and cloudy and looking straight at her. Her brows were creased and her mouth hanged ajar.

"Hang in there, Jasiri. You're gonna be fine," She assured the other, but Jasiri only flinched and winced.

Kilio gently took hold of both her friend's paws and frowned when Jasiri didn't flinch or show any sign of pain, only adding more worry. She didn't know of to what extent of healing Death's power can perform, but it's Jasiri's only chance.

Slowly Kilio's paws began to cool and both her eyes started taking a bluer hue, starting to glow. She tightened her hold on Jasiri's paws, and that's when the healing began.

It was like instinct. Nobody thought her how to use this power, not even Death. But her lack of knowledge didn't bother her, she knew she can do this, she can feel it and it's working.

Kilio's paws began to glow a faint blue and steadily it spreaded to Jasiri's paws. It was cool, and slightly unpleasant but in a situation like this it almost made it feel like graceful cold wind.

No signs of pain or bother from the other just yet, but as soon as the glow reached her Kilio already knew everything that was wrong.

Every detail.

Kilio willed the power to work faster. The torn nerves in Jasiri's legs and paws began to connect themselves, helped and lead by the faint blue glow. The torn flesh began to cling back on the broken bones, and by the healing power, new skin and muscles began to grow on the ends of the torn ones. The fractured and shattered bones, too, at the ends started to grow new bone.

Jasiri tensed for a moment, and in that moment Kilio smiled.

It took a few more moments before she can see the bones were done, good as new. Kilio marveled at the wonder, and observed how the nerves finished reconnecting. The skin began to heal like nothing has happened to it. Kilio could've cried of relief.

She then felt something rush out of her and knew what it was. Jasiri's paws began to spasm so Kilio tightened her hold on them, and after a few seconds, Jasiri coughed and groaned. No words could describe Kilio's joy as she leaned closer to her friend's face, looking for any sign of clarity.

The rushing feeling in her paws continued, and she could almost feel its effects on her friend. Jasiri's paws flinched, followed by a groan, and finally, a blink.

Kilio gasped. Jasiri blinked once, then twice, then finally her eyes widened.

At first, Jasiri could only see grey and blue infront of her. But within seconds, her vision began to clear and her mind regained her focus.

And she couldn't believe what she's seeing.

There sat Kilio, over her, and holding her paws with a touch that felt so cold. Jasiri wondered if she was still alive but at the brink of death, because it was so surreal. Kilio had sky blue eyes, and her paws were glowing with a glow that engulfed her own paws up to her front legs.

She was dying. She's settling with that reason and whoever tells her otherwise is non-existent.

"Jasiri," Kilio almost cried, Jasiri felt no pang of pain and that scared her. "You're alive!"

"And you're not real, blue eyes." Jasiri monotoned. Something felt like it was rushing inside of her and she started to feel warm.

"No, this can't be real."

Kilio firmly shook her paws, barely containing herself as tears burned in the corner of her eyes. "I am real, Jasiri, and you're alive!" She clenched her teeth be for speaking. "You're saved!"

Kilio's eyes flashed green. 

Jasiri fainted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Jasiri just witnessed Kilio's display of the healing power Death lend.

What do you guys think of this chapter?