Unpretentious (Lime)

Chapter XV

" " = Speaking
' ' = Thinking
(Y/n) = First Name

(f/c) long sleeve crew neck shirt that hugs his body showing off outlining of his pecs and abs and some jogging stitch (f/c) washed-out sweat pants with (f/c) sneakers.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

~~~Osaka~~~

Nearly midnight, Ryuko stands on the devastated battlegrounds looking at the fallen Naniwa Sky Tower (Eiffel Tower), "So this is Osaka. This is horrible..."

Senketsu: "I suppose it is. This is all the result of the power of Life Fibers. As well as yours and mine"

She crouches down with her arms dangling on her knees "Yeah..."

Senketsu: "Mikisugi was right to keep us in the dark up until now. Even looking at this, it beggars belief to be told that Life Fibers are lifeforms from outer space"

Ryuko: "Huh, this coming from you? I'm probably scared. It's like, something that was just a brawl turned into some grand battle full of crazy shit I don't understand like this fate of humanity and the extinction of the species or whatever. 'I don't give a crap about that!' That's what I really wanted to say"

Senketsu: "No, you did get angry on (Y/n)'s behalf, Ryuko. What Ragyou did to him, your blood boiled but you kept yourself in check for him, that's the kind of person he admires"

Ryuko looks up at the crescent moon "...(Y/n)..."

Senketsu: "Will you be telling him about his past?"

She then lowers her head, bangs covering her eyes "We pretty much invaded his privacy" pulling out the photo of him and his family, "It sucks to what happened to his family"

Senketsu: "Yes, a tragic car accident costing all their lives except for his"

Ryuko: "Damn, it hurt to read that in those files. It's best not to tell about this, hopefully he already knows what he is"

Senketsu: "Yes, especially for us as well"

Ryuko: "What do you mean?"

Senketsu: "Dr.Matoi and (Y/n) created me to only to be communicated with and be worn by you, considering (Y/n) can speak to me too"

Ryuko: "What makes you think that they do something like that?"

Senketsu: "Possibly to protect you"

Ryuko clenches her fist "Well (Y/n) has saved me many times, it's time I returned the favor"

~~~Kiryuin Manor~~~

Satsuki watches the gleaming orb of night from her bedroom window, then hears shuffling behind, turning her head to see (Y/n) tossing and turning.

Suddenly, she saw (Y/n) sit up in bed, rubbing his eyes. Satsuki took a second glance to see tears running down his cheeks, and the eyes that reminded her of a wounded child.

'Was (Y/n)...crying?'

She took a step towards him, cautiously. However, (Y/n) turned over on his side, facing away from her as if he were in a hurry to do so. Satsuki rested a knee on the bed, approaching him with ease.

"(Y/n)" she whispered, taking care to say her words as softly as possible, "Are you okay?"

She waited a few more moments, but received no response other than him pulling the covers over his shoulders. Satsuki tilted her head, worried, and reached out a hand to (Y/n)'s shoulder, shaking him gently. Still, she received no response, as if the boy was faking being asleep. Was he? Slowly, Satsuki's shaking intensified.