Raison D'être

FINAL CHAPTER 《Second Part》

Outfit: Battle Damaged Stealth Uniform, dark blue with silver stripes across his chest, along with a torn star in the middle.

~~~{F/n's Mindscape}~~~

His eyes, snap open. His face, covered in sweat. Sitting up to reveal him lying in bed. Sheets, tangled around his legs.

A record player at his bedside, 'Livin Thing' by Electric Light Orchestra is played.

"Ain't it a lovely song..." He turns to see Esdeath at the window, staring up at the moonlight.

He rubs his hands over his face. "Yeah..." Getting out of bed, before wincing at his own heart, "Rrr!"

Esdeath steps forward and unzips his uniform revealing a blue tumor, "It hurts, doesn't it? The pain is unbearable, isn't it? But it looks beautiful..."

(F/n): "Not sure getting stabbed in the heart is beautiful."

She smiled to that.

"What happened? Why am I in this illusion again?" He asked.

Esdeath sat beside him, "You've died."

"Huh?!" (F/n) was baffled by this.

She snorted with laughter, "Do not worry I've managed to isolate the compound in your blood stream. Very 'interesting' fusion she's used."

(F/n): "So I'm alive?"

Esdeath: "You're weakened and will need time to recover."

(F/n): "How much time?"

Esdeath: "Less than a hour."

"I don't have less than a hour. Ryuko and Satsuki are at Honnouji and Nui is probably already there." He stood up from the bed, zipping up his uniform.

"Then you'll die for sure." Esdeath states.

He pressed his hand on his heart, "They'll mourn after, I need to get back to them, Esdeath. I have to save them! I have to save them all!"

Esdeath stood up, "Despair is what they'll have."

(F/n) turned his attention to her, "What are you getting at?"

"They will learn the truth about despair." Esdeath approached him, her arms wrapped around his neck. "They have hope, but only you have the strength to prove it. You see, we are very alike. In our memories many we have faced, foes looked up to the light and imagined winning against us. Believeing it to be so simple. So easy. Many have tried..."

(F/n): "You should know this since we're linked together."

"Humph, but come dawn, they will all learn that there can be no true despair without hope..." She gently grabbed at (F/n)'s neck, "So, if you want to save them, save them all. The only person you will kill, is yourself..."

(F/n) took this in, "...I'm prepared for whatever happens, but understand my depths of failure, if I don't stop Ragyou. So please, push me pass my limits."

Esdeath's eyebrows furrowed, "Are you sure? You'll be abandoning what's left of your humanity."

He looked her straight in the eye, "I knew I wasn't human by the time Isshin revived me...so I don't care how agonizing it will be... How much pain I have to go through... Pain on pain on pain! Just do it!!"

A devious smile crossed her face, "As you wish... If you want to help them, then I'll need to push you further...in order to do that, involves... Intimacy."