Chapter 4

Chip's P.O.V

"Uh hi, I'm Chip. Is Mr. Aguiar here?" I say, smoothly.

"Yes, but you can deal with me." He looks down at Noelle sleeping in my arms. "What the hell did you do to her." He starts to advance on me, but Trent and Nick block his way.

"Look, I know it's not what it looks like. Noelle tripped and fell, but screamed and we were able to hear her. We are gentlemen, we don't take advantage of women." Trent says and the guy relaxes a bit.

"I'm sorry. She's my little sister and seeing her asleep in a man's arms sent a million scenarios through my head. The names Danny by the way. Come on in, I'll introduce you to our parents." He holds the door wide enough for me to get through without whacking Noelle against the wall. Trent and Nick follow us in before Danny shuts the door.

So he's Danny, from her contacts.

Why the flying frick do you care? I thought you said she was trouble.

"Danny, who's at the door?" A lady looks at us then sees Noelle in my arms. She puts her glass down and launches herself towards Noelle. "Oh, my baby. Is she okay?" The lady looks on the brink of tears. She looks exactly like Noelle in the height area, and her father who walks in after gives me a bone-chilling glare. 

"Um hi, sir. We talked on the phone. Is it possible I can take Noelle up to her room?" 

"Yes, but no funny business, then I want to have a word with you three boys." 

"Yes sir." 

"Her room is the second door on the left." We nod and walk towards her room. Nick opens it and I was expecting posters all over the walls of her celebrity crushes. Instead, it was a pale blue wall color, she had some pictures hanging up on the walls, a bookshelf filled with books and on her nightstand stood a picture of four people with their backs to the ocean around sunset, smiling at the camera. I lay Noelle down on the bed and cover her up with the fuzzy blanket folded at the foot of her bed. I took her shoes off and put them on the floor next to the others in her closet. She looks so peaceful in her sleep-

"You good Chip?" Trent says, knocking me out of my trance.

"Yeah. I guess we better go talk to Mr. Parker before we lose our chance at having kids." I say, walking out the door following Nick and Trent, but stop in the doorway to look back at Noelle. She turned on her side and snuggled into the pillows. "Goodnight Noelle." I say, turning off the light and shutting the door.

Noelle's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong arms wrap around me and tuck me up against a well muscled chest. I got a whiff of cologne on his neck when I laid my head down on his shoulder. I felt safe in the arms and when he laid me down on my bed, I felt lips against my temple linger before leaving.

"Goodnight Noelle."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up from the dream, startled. I look around my room and then sit up then glance at my closet to see the shoes I wore yesterday. I suddenly get a throbbing headache and I fall back onto my pillows. I look at my nightstand and grab the picture frame with my three best friends. They were the only ones who could understand me, the buffer between our little group and the outside world. Brooklyn, Noah, and Caden were all my best friends. Noah and Brooklyn were dating but always kept it simple. I felt my eyes start to tear up, and I set the picture down when I notice a cup of water and two pills, followed by a note.

Love,

Figured you might need these after you wake up. Take two with the cup of water and the headache will subside within the hour. Also, I'm interested in that picture on your nightstand. 

Chip

He actually was there and holding me close to him as if I was his lifeline. I take the medicine and lay back down on the pillows when the door bursts open and in pops Danny, who looks like he's about to kill someone. 

"Damnit Danny, would you not. My head is killing me." I groan and squish my face into the pillows.

"You and I need to have a talk about Chip. Whatever happened last night needs to be explained." I go to grab my phone off the nightstand, but it wasn't there. I get up and look in my backpack and pull out my phone.

"Danny, I got to go. I got ten minutes until school starts." I grab some clothes to change in the bathroom and get ready as fast as I possibly can. I grab my backpack and my keys and without killing myself, I make my way out into the living room to give my parents kisses before I leave. I speed walk off the front porch.

"Need a ride?" I look straight ahead parked along the curb sits a blue Ford F-150 with Chip Hansen leaning up against the passenger side door with a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes. 

"Are you offering or just gonna give me a ride anyway?" I smirk at him. Damn, since when did I suddenly get some newfound confidence. 

'Ok love, you want to play it like that. It takes two to tango." He says while I walk up towards him and run my finger along his jawline and down his chest, where it seemed like his breath hitched.

"Glad to know I have an effect on you." I whisper in his ear as I go to open the truck door. Chip knocks out of his trance and opens it for me. "Why thank you, kind sir." I hop in and have a strong sense of Deja vu.

"Morning Noelle." Startled, I turn around and Nick and Trent are sitting in the backseat with knowing smirks on their faces.

"Nice show." Trent points out and my face turns beet red. The door is shut and Chip gets into the driver seat to get us to school.