Chapter 30

I get cuddled near a chest and from the smell, it's Chip.

'He came to save me.'

"You killed my sister. but i'm no murderer though." The voice of Oliver. 

'He got everyone.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes then suddenly close them quickly due to the blinding light. I slowly open my eyes and then survey the hospital room. Nick, Trent, and Oliver are sitting on the couch, asleep while Danny is in one of the arm chairs staring off into space. I feel a weight on my hand and look to see Chip laying his head on my hand. I gently squeeze his hand and he rustles, lifting his head and peering at me with his baby blue eyes. 

"Hey." I whisper, my throat dry. Chip grabs a cup of water and puts the straw up to my mouth. I take a few sips, the cool refreshing water running down my throat. 

"Hey sleeping beauty." He whispers, kissing me on the lips. 

"Is she awake?" I look over and Danny looks up at me with a smile on his face before getting up and coming over to my side. "Hey princess. You had us worried there." He kisses me on the forehead as everyone else comes over. 

"Ma'am?" I look over and Chip tightens his grip on my hand. There's two gentleman in police uniforms standing in the doorway. One guy has blonde hair, roughly 6 ft and incredibly handsome. He sets his bright green eyes on me and I cower in fear from the intensity of his eyes. He walks over to me and Chip stands up. "Officer Ramirez." Chip gives me a kiss and then gestures for the guys to leave, except Oliver stays behind.

"Mutual friends of a similar incidence have to stay together." He says, coming to the left side of me. The other officer stands in the doorway while officer Ramirez pulls up the chair that Chip vacated and holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Noelle Aguiar." I say, confidently while Oliver shakes his hand. 

"Pleasure to meet you." He says in his southern accent. 

"Can we get to it please, officer?" I plead and he nods in agreement. I tell him everything that happened from being kidnapped to being found. I can tell Oliver is tense because he tighten his grip on my hand.

"Your story collaborates with Chip's story." He says, writing down the information I told him.

"Except I was a victim, being thrown against a wall multiple times." I shiver at the memory, then turn to Oliver. "Did you tell him about your sister's murder?" 

"They said it's a cold case, but it's now back on the table." He puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. 

"Um officer Ramirez?" I ask and he turns towards me.

"Please call me Carter, miss." 

"Two days after the murder, I went over to Caden's house. I was looking around and then I found some dirt that looks like it's been moved and there was footprints matching my best friends shoe size. When Caden asked what I was doing out there, I told him I was exploring the back yard and let's just say he wasn't very happy about it." I cry into my hands and Oliver gently moves up onto the bed, wrapping me in his arms.

"Shush, it's okay. It's all over."

"When you are feeling better, give me a call." Carter hands me a business card, "I'll write up a search warrant." He smiles at me before winking and walking out the door, the other officer following him. 

"That man riles me up. He thinks he's the hot stuff, charming the pants off ladies like me. Well tough luck sucker, this girl already has a boyfriend." I whisper as Chip comes in and sees us. Oliver gets off the bed, still holding my hand in a comforting way. "Chip, Oliver is friend. Plus, we have a similar experience and mutual parties involved." Oliver gives me a comforting squeeze on my shoulder and then excuses himself from the room. Chip comes over to my side and climbs into bed, and I wince from the movement.

"Shit, sorry." He says, being gentle and wrapping his arms around me.

"I got the shit beat out of me. It's not your fault." I whisper as he kisses my lips.

"I was worried I was gonna lose you." He starts and I stay quiet to listen. "While you were fighting for your life, I was a wreck in the waiting room. You can ask the guys about that. I drove to the beach and thought things through. I can't lose you when I admitted to myself that i'm in l-" He stops as I start seizing. I distinctly remember him yelling for a doctor and a nurse to come help. He gets pushed out of the way as the nurse comes in followed by the boys. 

"We're losing her." Someone yells as the monitor starts flat-lining. 

"Please Noelle, pull through." Another one yells, probably from one of the guys. 

"I'm gonna beat the crap out of them." I hear just as I lose consciousness.