Chapter 27

Noelle's P.O.V  

The group drops me off in front of the place where i'm supposed to meet Scott. Chip gives me a kiss and promises to keep tabs on me so he doesn't lose me again. I walk inside and after grabbing a coffee, slides into a booth at the back of the shop, facing the door.

"Noelle?" I look up to see a lady who has a look of fear on her face.

"Who's asking?" 

"You need to come with me." 

'We're supposed to meet here'

I pull out my phone and text Chip.

Me: Please tell me the GPS is working. 

I send the message and stand up to follow the lady, even though my gut is going nuts because I might be walking into a trap. We get through the door and then I feel something hit me hard against the back of my head before I pass out on the blacktop, darkness surrounding me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I regain consciousness just as the vehicle goes over a pothole. My hands are tied behind my back and I discreetly feel around my wrist and relax when I feel the watch still on me. 

"Looks like sleeping beauty finally woke up." I look in the direction of the voice and find that it's Scott. Noah is driving the van while Brooklyn is in the front seat. 

"What do you want with me?"

"Your getting mighty close to the truth and we want to make sure it doesn't get out." Scott sneers. 

"Oh, of the body of Oliver's sister? What did they have on you to get me to like you back in 7th grade?"

"Caden paid me to date you to make it look like he's the knight in shining armor."

'That bastard.'

"And then the murder of Oliver's sister right before graduating 8th grade." By this time, we pulled up to an abandoned warehouse and the side door opens and I get pulled out towards the doors. I get strapped to a chair and then I see two shadows walk towards me. The build is Caden, while the smaller more petite frame is Emily.

"Well son of a gun, isn't it Noelle?" Emily sneers.

"Wow, I didn't think you would be a complete idiot having multiple people know about her murder." I let that question hang in the air as Emily comes over to slap me across the face. 

'Come on Chip, damnit I need you.'

"I knew I should've gotten rid of Oliver when I saw him being our waiter at the restaurant." Caden says, pulling up a chair in front of me to sit on.

"I'm not stupid once you wormed your way into my homelife and then proceed to beat the crap out of my brother, which by the way, why did you say that Chip was not a good person to be around?"

"Because, I wanted to make it easy when I remove you from society."

"Yeah right. You know i'd kick your a-" I get a punch to the gut and I start coughing up blood.

'Oh shit'

"That is your warning. Next time will be worse." Caden says, punching me across the face. He then leaves the room after Emily slaps me. 

"Tell me this: Why did you act like you fell in love with me when in reality you had Emily?" Caden stops and I can hear the gears turning. He turns back to me and I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"It was real what I felt about you, but then I remember I have to keep you away from the murder. Chip and his buddies aren't stupid and can connect the dots. The reason why I wanted you away from them." 

"You were my best friend." I say just as they walk out the door and the sound of the metal door shutting rings through the room i'm in. I spit out the blood and then sigh. "Well shit." I feel duct tape around my wrists and I get an idea. I start using my wrists to stretch out the tape until my wrists slip out of them. The door opens again and I keep my head down as a man comes in, judging by the footsteps coming towards me. I start taking a beating and then the man grabs me by the hair to pull my face up towards a camera and then smirks.

"Well darling, your little boyfriend isn't going to find you." I gather my strength and as the man turns towards the door, I stand up and spin around, hitting him with the chair after I got out of it. The chair shatters on his head and he turns towards me with a deathly look in his eyes. I find a broom handle and I barely grab it before the man grabs my waist and throws me against a wall, causing me to hit the ground like a rag doll. He picks me up and then repeats the process. After 5 times, he leaves me lying on the ground, blood coming out of my mouth from coughing. It starts to look like death is welcoming me into it's arms and the room starts to get blurry, but not before I heard some sounds and yelling, then someone yelling my name as I lose consciousness.