Chapter 7

Noelle's P.O.V  

"You don't know anything. Just stay out of it." I sob and when he tried to hug me, I shoved him away before running off to the football field. I make it onto the field and I just collapse in a sobbing mess. How dare he say something he doesn't know the truth on! I feel a set of arms and automatically, I start thrashing myself out of the arms, thinking it's Chip. "Get away from me!"

"Beautiful, it's me." I stop and I slump myself into Caden, crying. He sits down on the field with me in his arms as he rubs my back. His cologne helps to calm me down and I relax. "Beautiful, if you don't mind me asking-"

"Caden, why did you leave with Brooklyn and Noah the summer before freshman year?" I ask him and I can see a facial expression that I just couldn't place.

"It wasn't anything to do with you. Our parents wanted us to focus on our education without any distractions. We would constantly text each other, hoping one of them had your phone number. There wasn't a moment where we weren't thinking about you." I look up at him to see him already looking down at me. I get out of his lap and sit cross legged in front of him.

"I'm sorry I made everything hell to you guys." I say quietly, looking down, feeling ashamed of myself. Caden tucks a finger under my chin.

"Look at me." He says and I listen.

"You're the only one who saw me for who I am. I wear glasses so that would automatically classify me as a nerd, but you didn't see a nerd."

"I saw a great guy who has a dorky personality, can pull off glasses like you were born with them on, and your eyes and smile." I smile, remembering the first time we meet. 

"Caden?" I whisper as I continue to look into his eyes. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him.

"Yes beautiful?"

"Promise that you, Brooklyn, or Noah won't leave me." I whisper, leaning my head on his chest again. 

"I promise." He whispers, leaning close to my lips. His lips are only millimeters away from mine and I close my eyes and close the short distance as I put my lips on his. My hands run over his face and wrap around his neck and his arms cradling me as my back touches something soft yet hard.

"Ok lovebirds." Caden and I break apart and he gets into his protective mode. I look over and see Brooklyn and Noah, each with a smile on their face.

"Crap." I whisper as Caden gets up and offers me a hand up, which I take to stand up. Brooklyn and Noah walk over to us and I hide my face in Cadens side. Brooklyn grabs my arm and pulls me away from him.

"Start talking." Brooklyn says, trying to be stern, but keeps smiling.

"I have no clue. Talked to Chip which ended in tears and me running for the football field. Caden was there and he held me in his arms while I cried." I reply and touch my fingers to my life in order to relive the kiss.

"Noelle, it's about time. He's always had a crush on you." Brooklyn jumps up and down with excitement. I look over at Noah and Caden who are looking over with funny smiles on their faces. I laugh and try to hide my face, but two arms snake themselves around me and pull me back to a familiar chest. 

"Noelle please hear me out." I recognize the voice as Chip and I look to see Trent and Nick flanking him as they walk towards us on the field. Cadens arms tighten around my waist and somewhat pull me behind him, with Noah and Brooklyn in front of us.

"Calm down Caden. I'm here and no one is going to take me away from you." I can feel him relax as the three amigos come closer.

"Stop where you are and explain, Chip." Brooklyn says and I never realized she could have authoritative voice.

"I had no right to say that to her about you three, but sooner or later, she would've found out."

"Let's go Noelle." Caden pulls me away and I send a last glance to Chip, who looks devastated. Noah and Brooklyn walk beside us and I suddenly have a nagging feeling about my three friends.

There's no way they would keep a secret from me, especially all three of them.

We hear the bell ring and I sigh, suddenly ashamed that I will get crap from my parents of missing class.

"About damn time Miss Noelle Aguiar." Crap, I can't deal with this today. I look behind me to see Emily, Emma, and Sophia blocking the way into the school.

"What do you want?" I say, Caden grasping hold of my hand to slightly pull me behind him. Emily sees Caden and starts slowly doing her catwalk thing towards him, running her finger up his chest, but he didn't move an inch.

"Hi baby, I'm Emily." She purrs and I try so hard not to either gag or laugh my butt off. "What do you say we get out of here to have some fun?" 

"No thanks. I have to take Noelle home. It was nice meeting you." He says and walk around the girls towards my locker. I look back at him and Emily is glaring at me.

What if she's mad that I stole her man?

Caden doesn't belong to anyone, but he's technically not mine either.

He wants to ask you to be his girlfriend. Just hold on a bit.

"Earth to Noelle." I snap out of my trance and look up to see Caden looking down at me with a smile on his face. "I can read it all over your face. I'm not doing what Scott did to you, I promise."

"You promised to protect me, then you and my two other friends turn around and leave me." I wrestle my hand out of Cadens before walking to the classes that I missed to get my assignments. I finish that mission and walk outside to start walking home, then remember what happened last time and I sigh, sitting down on the rock outside.

"Go talk to Caden. I'll take Noelle home."