Chapter 32

Noelle's P.O.V  

"Noelle, darling. Chip's here." Danny says and I nod with a smile as Chip darts in through the door and facing me. His face lights up and he speedwalks over to me and wraps his arms around me.

"I was so scared I lost you." He whispers and I feel something wet on my shirt.

'Tears?'

He pulls back and sure enough, he has tears in his eyes. I swipe my thumb across his face to wipe the tears away.

"I'm like my brother. I don't go down without a fight." I say with a smile and then I remember what he told me. "Chip, I love you too." I grab his face with my hands and bring it to mine, kissing. The door opens and we break apart, similar to two teens getting caught by their parents.

"Noelle, my dear. You gave us quite a scare there." The doctor states.

"Sorry bout that." I shyly reply.

"Nonsense. You're alive and well. We'll keep you under observation for a couple days and then you're free to go." He checks the monitors and then writes something down on the clipboard.

"Thank you." I say with a smile. Chip is holding my hand after the doctor does his job and when Chip looks back at me, I can tell he was worried sick. The doctor leaves with a nod and I relax. "Remember that day when you and Caden got into a fight at school, saying how he couldn't handle me?" Chip nods, unsure of where I was going with this. "What did you mean by that?"

"Love, Caden didn't understand your quirkiness or your weirdness. Yes he was your best friend, except in a way he only cared about himself." I kiss him on the lips again.

"Sabrina?" I whisper.

"She was an old flame back in middle school, before you and Scott started dating."He kisses me again. "She's old news now, just someone from my past." I move myself so that Chip is able to lay on the bed, wrapping his arms around me. The rest of the gang are laying on the couches nad just talking since they've been united with all the recent events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are free to go, after you sign these papers." The nurse tells me and hands me papers to sign for my discharge. I sign them happily and then Danny was smart enough to bring me a change of clothes so I changed into those. I looked at my skin to find all black and blue bruises from me getting abused. I walk back out and then together, we all walk out of the hospital. Danny helps me into Chip's truck with Oliver and we drive to the police station while everyone else follows us. 

"Ready Noelle?" Oliver says, grabbing my hand.

"As ready as i'll ever be." I reply sighing. We decided that this was gonna be done on my own, except Oliver was familiar with the case so he gets to follow along. We walk in and ask for the two detectives, already my stomach tied up in knots.

"Their cool guys, I promise." I agree with Oliver as the detective comes through the door.

"Noelle. So happy to see you back on your feet." Carter says, leading us to his office.

"I'm glad to me walking on my two legs." I smile as Oliver leads me inside and then shuts the door.

"Water?" Carter asks. Both Oliver and I nod our heads and Carter leaves to get us our waters. Oliver grabs my hand and rubs it.

"Thank you Oliver." I lay my head on his shoulder.

"No problem. I wasn't gonna let you do this alone, even when this affects you." Carter comes in, followed by another detective and I tighten my grip on Oliver's hand. Carter gives us the waters and then sits down behind the desk while the other man sits down next to Carter. 

"Detective Jake Campbell, miss." He holds out his hand and I look at Oliver for confirmation before shaking Jake's hand.

"Noelle Aguiar." I shake and then we get down to business. I tell everything that happened, from five years ago and then skip up to the recent events.

"That's enough to get a search warrant." I turn towards Oliver with as smile on my face and I hug him.

"We did it." I then remember what happened and I pull away from Oliver and he has a questioning look on his face. "Please don't tell Chip or Danny. They'll kill Caden." 

"What is it Noelle?" Carter asks me.

"I don't want Caden to come after me." I mumble, Oliver wrapping his arm around me to give me comfort. 

"We'll protect you."

"The night that Chip, Trent, Nick, and I went to the beach, Caden came into my room after Danny carried me up the stairs. He grabbed my wrist and then shoved me down on the bed." Oliver guides me to the couch and I start crying into his shoulder. 

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here." Oliver rubs a hand on my back to calm me down. I roll up my sleeves to show the bruises on my wrists and sure enough, there are little red marks from where someone grabbed me. 

"Holy crap." Jake says, grabbing for his camera to take pictures.

"He also told me that if I breathed a word about what happened, he'd call me a liar." 

"Crap. It's a strictly word situation. I hate these." Oliver stands me up and then rolls my sleeves down back over my wrists. 

"I think Danny was there. I told him to hide so I'm hoping he saw something. Let me text him." I pull out my phone.

Me: Remember that night in my room when Caden came in?

Not even a minute later.

Danny: Yeah. I wanted to be a witness in case anything happened, which I wanna kill him for.

Me: Please don't Danny. Testimony. 

Danny: Okay. Also, Chip is getting restless. Says he doesn't trust Oliver to be alone with you.

I laugh at that.

Me: Tell him that Jake and Carter are here. Oliver's being a friend right now.

Danny: He relaxed a bit.

Me: I'll be out in a bit. Love you

He replies back and we turn to face the two detectives. 

"Looks like we got enough evidence to convict Caden and his pals. Noelle, I thank you and we'll make sure to protect you." Jake says, shaking my hand and I follow with Carter.

"Thank you again." I say as Oliver leads me out of the office towards the main desk. 

"Hi Noelle."