Chapter 28

Chip's P.O.V

"What the hell?" I say as I look at Nick, Trent, Oliver, and Danny. We lost Noelle when she left the building, which is something that shouldn't have happened. 

"A GPS jammer. The group isn't stupid." Oliver says, sitting on the couch back at my house. I'm pacing, trying to figure out where they went. 

"Oliver, look up abandoned warehouses." I say and Oliver agrees, pulling out his laptop to google it while the boys are giving me looks.

"What are you getting at?" Danny asks.

"There's six in the town." Oliver reports. I sit down next to him, looking at the map. 

"What about one's closest to the cafe?" 

"Guys, I got a ping, but it was only for a second." Danny says. He pulls it up on his phone and then compares the phone to the map and he gets a smile on his face. 

"Let's go get her." We all scramble and Nick, Trent and I are putting holsters onto our belts before checking for the bullets in our guns. We all hop into two trucks, Oliver and Danny in his while the rest of us are in mine. 

"I'll follow you." I say through the window to Danny as he nods and drives down the road with us following him. My fingers tighten around the steering wheel.

"Hey, man. She's going to be okay. No reason to do any revenge. The cops will take care of that." Nick says, always one full of common sense. I nod and follow Danny's truck and shortly, we pull up to a warehouse. We get out and meet in between the two trucks before walking inside. Right off the bat, there's people jumping out at us and we enter a large room, each person sticking close, backs touching each other. 

"Well well, hi Danny and Chip." Caden says, making an appearance. He has a triumphant smirk on his face. 

"Where is she?" I sneer, itching to put a bullet between his eyes. He chuckles.

"Oh, Noelle. I thought you were here to see me." 

"And why the hell would I see you after you put my little sister through hell?" Danny says, vemon lacing his voice.

'Holy crap, don't cross him or Noelle.'

I hear punching sounds and I follow the sounds which are coming from a single room off to the side. Danny launches out to attack Caden and they scramble on the floor. Trent decides to stay back while the rest of us book it towards the room when a man comes out with a smirk on his face. Nick gives his gun to Oliver, who knows how to handle one, and jumps on the man. Oliver and I run to the room and I see Noelle, lying in her own blood and from the looks of it, she's not moving. 

"No, no please don't." I run to her while Oliver keeps the gun pointed at the door. She's laying on her stomach and I gently roll her onto her back and I see her face all black and blue. I tuck my arms under her back and legs to support her and we turn towards the door when a man walks in.

"You must be the boyfriend." Oliver tenses and holds the gun with a firm grip, standing in front of us. 

"You helped kill my sister." He snarls, "But i'm no killer, but I will do this." He aims the gun towards the thigh and pulls the trigger, the sound of the gunshot ringing through the room. Scott buckles to the ground in a groan while we book it. Nick's got the man in zip ties with a triumphant smirk and I look at the man in handcuffs. It was Noah.

'Crap, where was Brooklyn and Emily?'

Of course I had to think that because next thing I know I get tackled to the ground and Noelle hits the ground hard. Oliver turns the gun onto the two girls and does the same to them as he did to Scott, then leans in Brooklyn's ear to whisper.

"You killed my sister and then used Noelle to cover it up." He hits her to knock her out and then grabs Noelle from off the ground. Danny also has Caden in zip ties and we get all the crooks together and tie them up, each putting duct tape on their mouths while Oliver and Danny get Noelle to the hospital. 

"All this for a murder." Nick says.

"Noelle's fighting for her life because some dumbass beat her to a pulp." My fists clench and I assign Nick to drive and we book it to the hospital. We pull up and then leap out, running towards the front entrance. Everyone is looking at me weird and I look down to see blood on my shirt. The lady at the desk looks at me funny.

"It's not mine. I'm looking for Noelle Aguilar." The lady types on her computer.

"She's still in surgery. Third floor to the right." I say my thanks and run to the elevator. We push the third floor button and the elevator moves slowly up. 

"This damn elevator." I mutter and then it stops, opening the doors and we step out, looking to the right to see Danny pacing and Oliver staring off into space. 

"Any news?" I ask as we get closer. They turn to face us and Danny is the first one to speak.

"No, but they called the cops so we're gonna have to give statements." I look over at Oliver and his head is in his hands, his shirt in the same condition as mine. I move past Danny to sit next to him.

"We got them. You'll finally have peace in knowing your sister's murder's were caught." I whisper and he looks up at me through his black rimmed glasses.

"Yes, but not at the expense of Noelle, a sweet girl who didn't deserve to get caught in the middle." A man comes out in scrubs and standing in the waiting room.

"Noelle Aguiar?" We all stand up and rush to him.

"How is she?" Danny is the first one to ask. The man looks tired and I prepare myself for the worst.

"She's listed in critical condition. She endured a hefty beating signified by internal bleeding and a nail in her back. She's going into the ICU, the next 24 hours are critical." Danny sits down and I do the same next to him.

'Holy crap' 

"But once the 24 hours are up, we should be in the clear." 

"Thank you sir." Oliver shakes the man's hand, "Are we able to visit her?"