Chapter 18

Noelle's P.O.V  

That lovely phone call has my blood boiling, but also left me with being hurt. The sun was almost down and I look towards the truck from where i'm standing by some trees. Trent and Nick are play fighting with one another and Chip is standing nearby, laughing.

'Why these three amazing guys so suddenly friendly towards me?'

'They care about you and don't want to see you hurt.'

'Chip has a thing for you.'

That last one sticks out, so I take a deep breath and start walking back. Nick looks up and stops fighting with Trent and he lands a punch to Nick's jaw, except he catches it.

"Bro what the heck?" Trent says. Nick just looks my way and soon Trent follows, followed by Chip. His baby blues are stirring with something, one that I can't place my finger on. 

"Everything okay?" Nick asks me. 

"I wish I can say yes, but it's not." I sigh and lean my head against the door. Two arms wrap around me and instinctively lean into a chest.

"What happened?" Chip whispers and I turn my head to look into his eyes before leaning my head onto his chest.

"Caden got a hold of my brother's phone and literally yelled at me for being a terrible girlfriend and for cheating on him. I broke it off, but i'm scared, I don't need anymore shit in my life." Tears fall onto his tshirt and he's rubbing soothing circles on my back. "And then he told me that he's able to snap me in half if I dare tried to go after him." At this point, i'm at a full on sob. 

"She can't go back home can she?" Trent whispers.

"No, most likely Caden will be there, waiting for her." Nick replies.

"We'll take her to our place." Chip suggests, still holding me in his arms. 

"Bro, she won't fit in. She's gonna get mugged as what happened in that alley. If we weren't th-" Nick gets shut up by Chip.

"Don't even go there. We'll protect her, hell i'll protect her."

'I will protect her?'

"Guys?" I whisper. I open my eyes and see Nick and Trent looking at me and Chip invades my vision.

"Sorry love, we were trying to be quiet for you." He says, opening the passenger side door to the truck. I climb up and he shuts the door, then talks with his two friends for a bit. I pull out my phone to text Danny.

Me:  Are you still awake?

Not even a minute later.

Danny: Sweet heavens Noelle. Where the hell did you go?

Me: I'm with Chip and his two pals. 

Danny: Okay, whew. I was worried sick since I found out Caden had my phone because he somehow managed to knock me out while he called you.

Me: I'm so sorry Danny. This wasn't supposed to get you injured. 

Danny: Hey, princess, don't feel sorry. It's his personality, hell i'm sorry i'm a terrible brother for not noticing what was right in front of me.

Me: Oh um hypothetically, if I told you Chip and I kissed, what would you do?

Danny: Then I know you would be in good hands. I trust the guy and I can tell he loves you. 

I smile at that just as the driver side door opens and in hops Chip, followed by Trent and Nick in the backseat.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. You're gonna stay with me though." Chip replies.

"Are you sure? Danny wou-" I get cut off as Chip kisses my lips to shut me up.

"I've never been sure, just tell Danny you're staying with us." I nod in agreement as we pull out to go back to town.

Me: Apparently, i'm staying with Chip tonight. Something about Caden being a threat.

Danny: Okay, no worries. I'll have a bag packed and i'll come around the back so go through the alley. Caden is still here, sleeping on the couch.

"Aw fuck." I say, leaning my head against the headrest. Tears flow down my face and I feel the truck make a turn off the highway and then stop.

"Noelle, talk to me." Chip grabs my hands and I look at him.

"Caden is at my house. He won't leave me alone and i'm scared." I turn to face him and see his two buddies also looking at me. I look back at Chip and anger crosses his face and he turns back to the steering wheel, jaw clenched and knuckles white as he grips the steering wheel. I unbuckle the seatbelt, lift up the center console, and slide my happy butt next to him, hoping to help him relax. 

"Hey, i'm right here. I care about you." I say.

"I can't lose you." He whispers through clenched teeth. 

"Who else is allowed to drive your truck?" 

"They both are since they both have their licenses." I glance back at them.

"Who wants to drive?" Nick volunteers and I nod in agreement, deciding that him and I will sit in the back seat while Nick and Trent are up front. Trent and Nick assist in getting Chip to remove his hands from the steering wheel and getting into the back. They succeed and Trent and I trade places, but he grabs my arm in passing.

"He's been hurt. I know you won't hurt him, but i'm his best friend, I just don't want to see him in a deep hole again." He pleads with me and I nod in agreement before I climb into the back and we all get situated again. Nick pulls back onto the freeway and I lay my head on Chip's shoulder.

"I can't lose you when I just got you." He whispers and I look up at him with a small smile on my face. He looks down at me with the same expression and leans forward to give me another kiss on the lips. Since we kinda forgot to put our seat belts on, I lean backwards, with Chip's help and he lays on top of me, the passion between us is getting insane. He backs away slightly, but still mumbles against my lips. "What are you doing to me, Noelle Aguiar?" I smile and I look into his eyes, full of lovingness and protection.

"What the hell?!"