Chapter 34

Noelle's P.O.V

My heart drops into my stomach. 

"How can they even think that?" I take my place next to Danny and he wraps his arms around me.

"He has money and his father is the best defense attorney in the city." 

"I'm just gonna be that little girl who only looking for attention." I fall back onto my bed, which ends up taking Danny along as well.

"Hey, you're not looking for attention. He deserves to go to jail and so does everyone else involved." I find comfort in his words and then I remember what Chip told me.

"Am I still able to go on my date with Chip?" I look at him and he nods.

"Definitely. Which speaking of, I'd better let you get ready." He stands up, pulling me up with him and then hugs me. "No one is going to hurt you." He kisses me on the forehead and then leaves, shutting the door behind him. I sigh and then walk towards my closet. I find a white knee length dress with a thin material running down the sleeves and a gold belt across the middle of the dress. 

'White goes with everything.' 

I dig through my shoe shelf and come across my black heels that I haven't worn in ages. I pull those out and then proceed to get ready. I curl my hair and put a minimal amount of makeup on, enough so that it looks natural. I grab a purse that I only use for special events and put in my phone, keys, and lipstick. I smile to myself as I open the door and Danny is leaning on the railing, goofing off on his phone. He hears me and looks up, his face breaking into a smile.

"Little sis, the heartbreaker." He says, making his way towards me. I give him a hug just as the doorbell rings. "Ready?" I nod in agreement.

"Can I help you?" My mom asks Chip.

"Hi. Is Noelle here?" He replies.

"Yes, but she's not allowed to be out right now." She finishes just as I walk down the stairs with my brother. "Noelle Evelyn Aguiar, I thought I told you to stay in your room." I walk towards Chip who offers his arm to me and then kisses me on the cheek. 

"You look breathtaking." He whispers in my ear then I turn towards my mom.

"Caden has you wrapped around his finger, getting you to believe that he's the best thing to happen to me. Well i'm sorry, but that's not true anymore." I kiss Danny on the cheek and then steer Chip towards his truck. 

"You're grounded and we will talk about this when you get home." My mom sneers and I just ignore it and Chip helps me into the truck, shutting the door and getting into the driver's side.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, holding my hand in his and I lean my head against the headrest. 

"I wish I was, but i'm not. My parents are totally against me testifying against Caden, saying that I only did it for attention." The grip on my hand tightens and I look over at Chip, who was looking handsome in his red suit shirt and black tie, nice suit pants and a pair of loafers. "Wow, i'm such a self-centered jerk. You look handsome." He flashes that smiles of his and immediately, I relax. He lifts the center console up and I slide over to the comfort of his arms.

"You're not going this for attention. You have the bruises and scars to prove it." He gently lifts my head up to look him in the eyes. "We're all together in this, no matter what." I kiss him on the lips and then shortly after, we pull apart.

"We better get to dinner." I smirk and he laughs as I slide back to the passenger seat. He starts the truck and we pull away from my house when I hear my phone beep. I reach into my purse and grab it.

Danny: What the hell were you thinking?

Me: Sorry. It's just me being done with them telling me who I can and can't be with.

Danny: You're fine, but you need to show the scars.

I frown at that statement.

Me: I don't have any gal friends and this isn't something I can do alone.

Danny: If I let Chip in the room, I'll be there to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, okay?

Me: Yes, and Oliver as well. 

Danny: Okay, let me know when you get home and i'll try to get mom and dad away from the front door.

Me: You're totally gonna get something from this my big brother. 

Danny: Haha, I better. Anyway, love ya sis and see you soon.

Me: You too.

I put my phone away and stare out the windshield. We arrive at our destination and there's a valet to open my door when I suddenly have a sick sense of deja vu. I sit rigid in the seat as the side door opens to show Chip. He must've seen what happened because he gives the keys to the valet, and then steps onto the running bar. 

"Hey, love." I look him in the eyes. "I'm not Caden. I'm not going to hurt you." He steps down and then takes off his jacket, offering it to me. "Put this on." I nod and grab my things as Chip puts his hands on my waist and lifts me out of the truck. He puts the jacket on me and immediately, i'm comforted by the scent from his jacket. He shuts the door and offering his arm to me, I take it and we walk into the restaurant. We're led to our table and he pulls out the chair for me, which I take and thank him before he sits down in his chair across from me. 

"Good evening sir and madam. My name is Daniel and i'll be your waiter. What can I get started for you?" Chip looks at me and I shake my head no.

"Do you have sparkling cider?" Chip asks Daniel and he nods.

"Yes we do. I'll chill it like a normal bottle of champagne." He leaves and I look at Chip who just shrugs his shoulders.

"What?" I smile.

"I don't like drinking alcohol and Caden was not evening worried that I didn't want it." I whisper and he holds out his hand on the table and I lay mine in his hand. 

"Don't beat yourself up over it." He whispers and then kisses my hand when I hear distinct whispers. Very carefully, I turn my head to find a table with two people looking at us, whispering about me.

"Is that the girl who got Caden and Emily arrested?" 

"Yep, that's her. She doesn't deserve to be here." That one stabbed me in the gut. 

"Excuse me." I say and Chip nods, standing up as I stand and walk to the restrooms. Once I get inside, I don't care who sees me and I stand over the sink, crying. 

"Hey, what happened dear?"