Chapter 25

Noelle's P.O.V  

I let that sink in and I find myself in shock. "Wait, how do you know?" I ask him. 

"Because the night it happened, it was at a non-alcoholic party and I was with my sister, who was flirting with Caden. They left together while Noah and Brooklyn stayed inside. I had a sneaky feeling and so I went to find a window and sure enough, I saw them going at it. Then I saw something shiny and then a scream. He left her for dead on the lawn. He killed my sister." His body starts shaking and I wrap my arms around his shoulder and he gently relaxes. "Then Noah and Brooklyn helped move the body into the woods. 

"They tried to cover it up. From me, their best friend." I whisper and then the bell rings. Oliver gets up and then I follow after him, grabbing his arm to stop him. "Thank you for being my guardian angel, and we'll figure out something, okay?" He nods and I give him a kiss on the cheek and walk into the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day was finally over. Oliver and I exchanged numbers as we're walking to the front of the school. Chip and the boys were leaning up against the front of his truck and starring straight at me. I text Chip.

Me: Oliver is harmless. 

I send it and then watch as Chip grabs his phone to look at it, then at me before sending something back. My phone dings.

Chip: Then why is your lipstick smudged?

I look in the screen of my phone and find that it wasn't smudged. I glare at him just as I hear another truck pull up and by the way Oliver stiffened beside me, it could only be one person.

"Hi Noelle." Caden says, sliding out of the truck and walking over to us. Noah and Brooklyn were following him and they stand in front of us. I grab Oliver's arm to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, even though his physique shows that he can take care of himself. 

"Caden. I see you got out of the zip-ties that my brother tied you up with." I stand my ground as he stares daggers into my eyes. 

"Noelle, what you heard doesn't mean a thing." Brooklyn says and I clench and unclench my fists to calm myself down. 

"What makes you think I heard anything?" I say, playing dumb. Caden leans forward to grab my arm and I slap him across the face. There's a red mark from my hand. "Don't you dare touch me." I growl. Oliver grabs my arm and pulls me away and I see Chip and his buddies have a questioning look on their faces, but of course Chip decides to go hard on Oliver. Oliver stands his ground as Chip sizes him up, I take the opportunity to step in between them, putting my palms out. "Not right now." I spat and Chip backs off, although he still sends a few glares towards Oliver. I look behind us and Caden is glaring at me, then proceeds to act like he's gonna slit someone's throat. I hear a ding from my phone.

Caden: Oliver.

My phone falls out of my hand and almost hits the ground, except someone caught it. 

"Noelle, let's go." The soothing voice of Oliver breaks me out of my trance as we load up into the truck, but I can't shake that feeling that Caden is more than likely able to deliver on the threat. I hear another ding and with shaking hands, I read the message.

Caden: Then my little darling. 

I start hyperventilating and then i'm surrounded by darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How can I know I can trust you?" 

I wake up and see Chip asking Oliver a question.

"Caden will do to Noelle what he did to my sister." 

The room is silent and realize that i'm at my house. Danny is sleeping beside me and when I poke him, he stirs then opens his eyes. 

"Christ woman, scared the crap out of all of us." He says, drawing attention from the guys. Chip comes over and then makes himself comfortable by my side. 

"What happened?" I mumble.

"Well for starters, why didn't you tell us that Caden wants to kill you and Oliver." Nick says. 

"Well i'm sorry. I pass out under extreme anxiety conditions, which receiving a death threat from your ex-best friend falls under that category." I say, slowly sitting up. "Did you tell them?" I look at Oliver and he nods. "He was there when Caden and I were on our date." 

"After you went into the bathroom, he pulled out his phone and said a few words then hung up. Emily shows up in a gorgeous dress and then sits down. I asked him if there was a seating change and to add another chair, he simply told me to leave us alone. If that isn't shady, then I have no clue what is."

"Wait, then why would he have a fascination with Emily? What if she knows?" I ask. I sit up slowly and then turn towards the picture frame of the four of us, grabbing it off the shelf. "Caden couldn't stand Scott, much less Emily." My phone starts going off and with shaking hands, I look at the caller id.

Unknown

"Not again." I mumble as the group each sit around me. 

"Go ahead, Noelle." Chip says and I nod in agreement, answering it.

"Hello." I ask, shakily. I keep eye contact with Oliver while Chip has his arm around my shoulders and my brother is sitting as close to me as you can possibly get without sitting on me.

"Hi Noelle." I start shaking and tears start coming to my eyes, but not the good ones. Oliver looks at me questionably and I mouth the answer to him.

Scott