Change

Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?  Oh God, please be a dream! I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming, I'm not.

"ASHLEY! Ashley where ar---" Anne says as she barges in speechless. "Who are you?! Where's Ashley?!" She says angrily yet confused. "Anne, it's me, Ashley!" I say trying to calm her down. "Oh really, tell me something only the REAL ASHLEY would know." She says with sass. "You love to watch The Notebook  with your favorite midnight snack, pizza with Nutella." I say. "Ashley, it's you! Wait, you're A BOY??!!!" She says just as confused as I am. "I can't believe it either!" I say very confused. "Why.....wha....how....wha?" She stutters. She pinches the both of us to see if  any of us are dreaming. "Ow, I already tried that!"I say angrily. "I know you're full of emotions right now you have to stay strong. We'll get through this together!" She says as she holds my hand to let me know that I'm not alone.

---10 minutes later---

"And that's it!" I say. "How is that possible?!" My mom says confused . "Am I dreaming?" My dad says with a shocked expression on his face. "My theory, well Ashley's theory, is that this happened because she wished upon a shooting star, but apparently she wasn't being specific on how she wasn't going to be an outcast!" She says looking at me annoyingly. "How was I supposed to know that I would turn into a boy?!" I say. "What does her being a boy have to do with her not being hated anymore?" My mom says very confused. "I think it has to do with other people thinking that 'he' looks cute and cool and all the girls will come crawling over 'him'." Anne says putting quotation marks in the air. "Ew! Anne, that's disgusting!" I say trying not to overthink of what might happen if I go to school.

SCHOOL! OMG, I forgot about school! "So, am I still gonna go to school? I mean, I still need my education right?"I say. "Ya, you need your 'education'." Anne says with a smirk on her face. I punch her right arm with my fist so she learns her lesson. "Ow! You punch hard!" Anne says as she rubs her arm. I let out a big chuckle. "Anne, what did you mean by 'education'?" My mom says with a sneer look on her face. "Oooh, busted!" I say with a smirk on my face. "Hehehe, it means.........uhhhhh........." Anne says nervously. "Annalise Diane Garcia Fitzgerald, tell me what you meant by 'education' NOW! " my mother says strictly. "Let me help her, what she meant by 'education' is that I would need to learn what it feels like to have friends." I say as I look at Anne who is giving me a sneer look. My mom crosses her arms then slaps my dad's shoulder to wake him up then he crosses his arms, both looking at Anne with a sneer. "What day is it today, Sneer day?" I say noticing that we have mostly been giving sneer looks at each other.

---5 mins later (after scolding)---

"So here's the plan, we enroll Ashley to her school and we call her........" my dad says before being rudely interrupted by my sister. "ASHER!" She says with excitement. "Anyways, so we call her..... Asher and we say that Asher is distant relative of Ashley's." my dad says. "But wouldn't being Ashley's relative ruin 'her' reputation?" Anne says. "Isn't your reputation ruined since you're related to me?" I say with sass. Anne sticks her tongue at me and I do the same. "Wait, if she turned into a boy, will she be able to turn back into a girl?" My mom says worriedly that I may never change back. "Let's not think about that now, let's just focus on Ashley's adjustment to being a boy."

After talking about this for an hour, we finally came up with a plan. Today is a Saturday so we have the rest of the day to make sure that 'Asher' is known to be a real person. Tomorrow is my baptism, well Asher's baptism, so that Asher can have a birth certificate. After that, we'll be going shopping so I have some clothes to wear, I know I can borrow my dad's but his clothes are ways too big, sorry dad. And maybe next week, we'll redecorate my room so it seems neutral, for both boys and girls. You know, just in case some people will be coming to my house. People have never come to 'Ashley's house' because, well they hate me. So they wouldn't suspect why I don't have a room. I just hope this plan works.

Thank you guys so much for reading! Sorry if the last chapter was short, I had a little draft written already so I just added a few tweaks on it. Anyways, cya! :)