His Secret

Me and Kayden have been silent for the past 10 minutes. We're 'supposedly' thinking of ideas for the project. But I know the real reason why we're so silent is because we hate each other.

"So......maybe we can make a diagram of our electricity intake?" Kayden says breaking the silence and tension that filled the room

"Yeah.....sure" I say in response

"You know, I'm not all that bad." He says in a loud manner

"Are you a mind reader or something?" My brows start to furrow

"Like I said earlier, in an FBI agent. Don't underestimate me just because I'm 18." He says

"You're 18?!" I scream

"Don't act so surprised, you knew that I was young."

I scoff

"You know, I'm so sick and tired of your stupid attitude! Yes, you're an FBI Agent, but it doesn't mean you have the authority to be so rude and use your 'tricks' against us commoners!" I snap

The tension starts to fill the room once again. Kayden gives me a glare that seems to sear through my soul. He starts to clench his teeth and fists and eyes start to twitch. "This isn't good...." I think to myself.

I start to prepare myself before he goes on a huge rampage, but after a few seconds, he unclenches his teeth and fist and takes in a deep breath.

"There's a reason why I'm this way, you know?" He says looking down making his hair slightly cover his face.

"And what may that reason be...." I say in a soft tone that makes me sound really innocent

He lets out a sigh. "Let's just continue with the project." He changes the subject.

I knew there was something bizarre about him. You can't just be born with a heart as cold as stone. There must be a reason behind it, and I'll make it my duty to find out why.

"Sure!" I say eagerly.

Even if I have to spend most of my time with him.

---the next day---

"And that's why we should be conserving energy." I say as we finish our presentation.

Random students and the teacher start to clap their hands as Kayden and I put a smile on our faces.

"Excellent! You get a perfect score on this project!" The teacher says as she and the other students applause us once again.

---after class---

"Kayden, wait!" I scream as I finally catch up to Kayden

"Hm?" He hums as he faces me

"I just wanted to say......thank you. For helping me with my Science project, even if you just did it to annoy me." I thank him

"Your welcome." He says before facing the other way. "Oh and by the way, I didn't do it just to annoy you." He says before leaving.

Wait, is it possible that under that tough shell is a kind and fragile person?

Hello! Sorry if this chapter was kinda short. I'll be posting longer ones that this anyways.

Does Kayden actually have a heart? What's Kayden's secret? And when will this rivalry end?

Find out in the next chapter of "If I Were A Boy". Anyways, cya!:)