call me gil

anne

Anne briskly walks into the dining hall, planning on eating a quick dinner because she had a huge French essay due the next day.

Her attention was grabbed by a Billy Andrews and a Gilbert Blythe in the middle of the dinning hall. They seemed to be arguing, but over what was Anne's question.

"Anne, get over here!" Elliot whisper yells, grabbing her wrist and pulling her over to his table. Her eyes never leave Gilbert, her breath uneven.

"What do you think is going on?" Jerry asks, peering over the top of Kenna's head to look at his roommate.

"I have no clue," Kenna mumbles, stabbing her fork at her salad.

"Hey, what'd the salad do to you?" Elliot jokes, flashing a smile at Kenna. Kenna rolls her eyes, gesturing the fork towards Elliot.

Anne is watching the entire conversation between Billy and Gilbert, her heartbeat speeding up.

All of a sudden Ruby Gillis locks eyes with her and runs over, stopping in front of her. "Anne, you've got to do something!" she cries, pointing at the two boys.

"Why? Gilbert hasn't told you-"

"They're arguing about you!" Ruby says, her voice high and shrill. "Gilbert's never looked this angry and if he punches Billy, he could get expelled!"

"What?" Anne asks, standing up. Fear is in her eyes as she rushes over to the scene.

Billy and Gilbert were starting to raise their voices and it made Anne nervous to approach them.

"Don't you ever say that about Anne again," Gilbert says, taking a step closer to Billy.

Billy smirks, raising his eyebrows. "What are you gonna do? Hit me?" he asks, a cockiness in his attitude.

"Actually, yeah. You're right for once!" Gilbert says, balling his hand into a fist.

Anne jumps in, her hand closing around his. "Stop!" she yells, glancing from Billy to Gilbert. "You both will get expelled."

"Your little girlfriend here to protect you?" Billy asks, a grin on his face.

"Yeah okay," Anne says, rolling her eyes. "Wipe that smirk off your face Andrews or I'll punch you."

With that she grabs Gilbert's wrist and tugs him away, not stopping until they both are out of the dining hall.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Anne screams, her eyes bulging. "You could've gotten yourself expelled or hurt!"

Gilbert does not respond, just cups her face in his hands and kisses her quickly. Anne melts, her gaze at the floor.

"Anne, I'm so sorry. I was always cutting you off when you were trying to explain things. I care about you so much and just picturing you with Diana hurt me. Please just think about forgiving me and I'll-"

Anne does not let him finish; she just wraps her arms around his neck, her face buried in his shoulder. "I forgive you Gilbert Blythe," she mumbles, feeling his arms around her waist.

"Please, call me Gil," Gilbert whispers, resting his head on her shoulders.

"What the hell Anne Shirley!" Diana Barry's voice comes from the dining hall. Anne and Gilbert jump apart, both of their faces red. "Are you now going after Ruby? Just to make me upset? Well, it worked!" she yells, storming towards Anne.

"Diana, I was not trying to make a move on Ruby! She's straight! Also, she was trying to get me to break up the almost fight!" Anne shouts, meeting Diana in the middle of the hallway. "Why the hell would I make a move on Ruby when I have Gilbert?"

The old Diana comes back for a second and she stares down at her feet, her expression sad. Quickly after, the frown returns and she glares up at Anne. "I'm requesting a dorm switch. I'm switching with Josie, so you can have her!" she yells, turning her back and leaving Anne smiling to herself.

Gilbert comes up behind her, his hands on her shoulders. "Are you okay? I know how much you dislike Josie Pye."

"It's a funny story. Her and I are actually friends now," Anne says, grinning up at Gilbert.

-

Diana moved her things out that night, not once talking or even looking at Anne. Jane Andrews was helping her and her and Anne chatted for awhile.

Josie moved in shortly after Diana had collected her final things. She greeted Anne with a smile and then they started to chat about life outside of school.

"I'm visiting Ireland this year after summer begins," Josie says as she spreads her comforter out on her bed. It was a lavender color that matched Anne's favorite bow of hers.

"Wow, that sounds amazing. I've always wanted to go to Ireland," Anne says wistfully, staring at the yellow sign above her bed.

"I could ask if my family has an extra ticket," Josie says slowly, sitting down on her bed. "No promises though."

Anne's smile grows, her eyes lighting up. "Thank you so much Josie," she says, jumping off her bed and hugging the blonde.

"Oh, we do this? This is a thing now?" Josie asks, hesitantly patting the redhead on the back.

"All the time," Anne grins, taking a step back from the blonde. "Lavender's your favorite color?"

"I absolutely love it," Josie says, looking around the room. "Yellow's yours?"

"I absolutely love it," she says in a tone that mocks Josie.

"You're already so much more interesting that Jane ever was," Josie admits, flopping down onto her bed. "God, all she did was get drunk."

"You haven't?" Anne asks, sliding into her desk chair.

"God no," Josie says, shaking her head. "If I did, Billy Andrews would have an easier time getting into my pants."

"Do you like anyone?" Anne asks, starting to spin around in her chair.

"Well, I did like Gilbert, but I'm over that now. Not yet I guess, but that Elliot boy is really cute," Josie grins to herself, closing her eyes.

"I could help you with him," Anne says, kicking Josie's legs softly. "He's a good friend of nine."

"Oh Anne, when I want a boy, I get a boy," Josie says, sitting up.

"Except Gilbert," Anne says, chuckling to herself.

"Except Gilbert," Josie confirms, laughing as well. "He was too smart for me anyways."

an; wow i love josie pye so much + i published a update book! it's called "days in my life", go check it out if you want to! (: