Coco on The Corner

Damn. This little box car did blow some cold ass air.

Got me freezing and shit.

Anyways, me and Mint are making our way (downtown, walking fast, faces past and I'm home bound) to his and Domo's house.

I've been telling him stories about my life, and by now we should all know how those go.

"So there was this one time I was in Walmart, and this older lady was in front of me. Her groceries came up to be over $300 but her food stamp card got declined, so you already know what I did. GOD is gone bless me one day....... It was a lot of groceries, but I helped her put all that shit back." I spoke while making prayer hands.

Mint shook his head and laughed at me.

What's funny?

"Ooh another time, I bought an IPhone 7 from a Chinese shop. It charged up to 103%, then shut off..... Then it restarted with the Samsung logo."

He gave the same response.

"My first job was designated meat defroster, waste management supervisor, and dish washing operative. Age 7."

"So you basically took the meat out and put it in some hot water, took out the trash, and loaded the dishwasher?" He FINALLY said.

I made a sound of approval and nodded my head.

Mint let out a loud curse and veered the car to the side of the road where a woman sat with her head in her lap, looking battered and bruised.

"Coco?" Mint said softly.

She looked up and Mint let out another string of curses.

"Coco you gotta' stop letting him do this to you." Mint told her as we assessed her split lip, black eye, bruised jaw, bloody face, and what appears to be a busted vessel in her eye.

She shook her head letting out a soft chuckle mixed with a sob.

"No, it's okay, I'm okay. He didn't mean it, he said he's sorry and promises it'll never happen again. Besides I see something in him."

"Like what?! A rematch?!" I almost screamed out the window.

She looked over at me with watery eyes and Mint glared at me.

I let out a sigh.

"Sorry. But I have a question. When he eats skittles, does he pour them into his hands and shake them like dice?" I asked

Go back like a chapter or 2 and you'll understand.

She tilted her head, "Yea, how'd you know?"

Mint's glare intensified as he realized what I was asking.

"Nothing! Just a general deduction." I said quickly as I quickly sat back in my seat.

Mint let out a defeated sigh.

"Look, is there anywhere you need to go, or anything I can do for you?" He asked her but she just shook her head.

"Co, come on man. Just go to aunty house. You know she wouldn't shut the door in your face."

Coco shook her head again, " You know how my mama is, I don't wanna' hear I told you so, or her lectures."

"So you just gone keep getting your a- never mind." I started but stopped when Mint gave me his death glare again.

Mint looked back toward her and ran his hand over his face. "Okay, but call me if you need anything."

She nodded her head meekly, then we pulled off.

I'd stab his bitch ass.