Chapter 1. Humble beginnings

Hello everyone. This story is meant to be read in one of two ways.
One, if you're unfamiliar with my or AllymP3's work. First off, welcome. I hope you stick with us to the end.
Two, if you are familiar with my or AllymP3's work. This story will lead into the Rose Chronicles but is also a stand alone story. So enjoy, leave comments and vote. And have fun.

{Location: Kona village}(Seliel's POV)

I smile. Today's the day. I'm practically skipping through town. Once I get done with the errand I can begin my training. I'll be just like the Ninja that saved everyone.

"Ya know," Some beggar with a red straw hat grabs my ankle, "If you keep smiling like that, your pretty little face might break."

I shift into a glare, "I'd take that as a compliment and start up a conversation but I have much better things to do." I kick the deadbeat off and keep on my way.

"Just answer a beggars' question," The man looks up as a heavy thud hits the gate, "If you had a flying vehicle, what would you call it?"

I give him the lamest name I can think of, "R.E.X. Recreational, emergency exit."

"That spells, R.E.E." The man rolls his eye as he gets up. More loud thuds coming from the truck I'm driving..without me in it.

"Not if you spell exit without the e." I grip my keys and walk off, "Bye." I can't wait to get out of Kona. I climb in the driver's seat. The hot leather strings on my legs and my back. Mabey shorts and a barely fitting t-shirt weren't a good idea for delivering rocks. I start up the engine as more sounds come from the back. It could just be an animal.

"GAH!" A young woman's voice echoes as I get out to investigate. I tie my hair back in a loose ponytail, "Stupid dog."

I pull open the heavy door to see a lady with black cloths, black high heel boots and a black hood sitting in the dusty truck. "Who are you?"

"No one of consequences." She grits her teeth as she grips a bow, "Are you the driver?"

I nod. Maybe I should have grabbed a weapon, "Do you need help?"

"Yeah."

"I can get you out of town. Patch you up in my village." I watch her lay down. "Sound good?"

"Yeah." She glares at the roof, "Just drive."

I run up to the seat and start the engine. Soon, I'm leaving Kona village and take the freeway home. I pull over once I hit Red Rock Gorge to stretch my legs. I go around back to see how my passenger is doing only to find her missing. I forgot to lock the doors. Then again, how she looked, she'd more likely hurt me. I soon take the truck up the windy mountain and hand the keys off to Arthur.

"Hey," His brown hair is combed just like the lighting ninja's. Seliel, you're such a fangirl. "Thanks for doing that. I can't handle that far of a trip without my mom freaking out."

"No problem." I lie, I was supposed to start my training this morning, "Speaking of moms. I've got to get to mine. Bye!" I run up the mountain to my home, jump over the fence and see my mom in a lawn chair reading a book. She looks so calm. "Sorry, I'm late. I had a favor for a friend."

Mom closes the book and points behind me, an enormous course is laid out for me, "That ok. A Ninja always helps others." She gets up with a red button in hand, "Are you sure? This kind of life is hard." Her voice has always been something. Some mama bear with kindness interlaced. But now, it's more mama bear tone.

My thoughts lead to the Ninja. They saved the world. Everything at school boarded me dispite be being good at it. And I live for adventure, "I'm sure."