Chapter 27. Pressure points

{Location: Seliel's ninja course}(Seliel's POV)

"7," I'm shaking as I try to not fall off while doing my chin-ups, "8.....9." I want a break. But I'm so close. Just one more. "10. And because that's the 5th 10, that makes 50." I let go of the bar and shake out my hands. Finally, the warm-up is done. I stretch out a little for the cardio half or my work out.

AJ jumps over the fences, finds a chair and kicks her feet up. "Up for a little sparring?"

I shrug my shoulders as I walk over to the climbing net, "Not really. Maybe tomorrow?" Today has been pretty busy already.

AJ licks her lips as her eyes dart around, "All right. Yeah, you want me to time you?"

I frown as I place my hands and feet carefully, "That was last week. Sunday is timed course day."

AJ hits her head lightly, "Oh right."

"Are you ok?" I start climbing up to a small wooden ledge, "You didn't get the hot seat during that questioning, right?"

AJ looks like she either running a fever with how much her cheeks blush or she's a caffeinated squirrel watching a teleporting acron. She takes her hair out of the ponytail then starts playing with her hair, "Well."

I reach the top, twist over and sit in the league, "AJ." I give a teasing glare.

"Well," She rubs the back of her neck.

I can do this later. I turn around and climb back down. Then walk slowly over to her, "Spill. You're a horrible liar."

AJ sighs, "Fine. When I was talking with Nero, he may have, possibly, sorta said that he knew your secret identity."

My mouth drops to the ground. He knows? No way. My identity is a secret to protect my Dad, the last thing he needs is someone targeting him because of me. I close and open my mouth like a fish. Then I head inside the house.

"Seliel, where are you going?" AJ jumps off the chair and follows me.

I open the screen door then the glass one. "Apparently some people don't know when to quit while they're ahead." I step up on my tip toes to grab my Mom's acupuncture kit. I carefully bring down a small white basket.

AJ closes both doors behind me, "Seliel, you can't do that." She tries to take away the basket.

I harden my grip, "What? I'm just going to give our new 'guests' a relaxing acupuncture message."

AJ glares as she pulls the basket to her, "No. If you think I'm a bad liar then you better look in a mirror."

I yank the basket back to me, "AJ, we can't take a risk like this. Eleamentals are unpredictable."

AJ tries to take the basket away once more, "Seliel, they're in a cell. They'll fess up to their crimes. Pay the fine and they'll be gone."

"That's long-term," I am this close to making this situation far more aggressive, "What if Nero tells? If you hadn't noticed, I have a few enemies."

"Like Victor?" AJ puts both hands on the basket, "He's gone Seliel. Probably under arrest like Jordan and Nom were."

"I can't take that kind of change," I took a change when I let Mom go on her own, I took a change telling Marci about me, I will not risk a third change, "Besides, something tells me you haven't gotten any other peep out of them. I can."

"And just how are you planning to do that?" AJ's voice rises, "I can't let you question them unless you have a badge or orders from the government." I raise an eyebrow as I try pulling the basket back to me, "And don't even think about asking your Dad."