Chapter 11. Blue hair

{Location: Crystal Pass College}(Seliel's POV)[Time: 7 months later]

I charge in seconds before the bell rings. My chemistry teacher checks me off as 'present' as I rush to my seat with my lab partner, Alice. Alice, only I could be paired with the college busybody. She even looks nosy with her long blue sweatshirt, long boots, lots of makeup, a light blue scarf and her bright blonde hair. At least I'm boring cardboard to her. She plays on her phone as I speed through the project and work on something else. Those smoke bombs I stole from Victor don't give a lot of time but the smoke isn't that thick either. So I need to make it both longer and thicker.

Professor Smith walks around, checking our progress, "Alice, the project doesn't involve phones." She takes the all too pink and sparkly phone, "Please, work with Seliel."

Alice rolls her eyes, "Fine." She looks at 'our' work. Which is mostly in my handwriting, "What do you need me to work on?"

I bite my lips as I have saved something just for her, "See these test tubes, I need you to clean them."

"You're finished?" Her jaw drops, "How?"

"Alice, we've been working on this project for two weeks straight. And I'm majoring in chemistry with a minor in business. Not only have I finished, I have double and triple checked everything." I lean in with a smirk, "The only thing I can't do is clean up."

"Ugg." Alice walks away in disgust. As she cleans up I keep working on my secret project.

My eyes dart around, a few boys are having a hyper discussion about who the Phantom ninja may be. A pair of girls is talking about the Phantom ninja's outfit. And the teacher is sneaking a peek at a poster the local news has given me. I place a smoke bomb under a large glass with a strip of paper taped on the one side.

Has it only been 7 months since I've started my work? I smile as I examine the smoke bombs. Between everyday playing hero, college, training Marci and having a social life to throw off those who want to know my identity, I haven't listened to the next tape my Mom left.

Poof! I have a small controlled explosion in the glass. Perfect, I can't see the paper on the other side. I fix up the other smoke bombs, write down the combination and start packing up.

Alice comes back and looks ready to puke, "Are we done?"

I hold up my finger and the bell rings then students swarm out. "Yes."

"Oh thank goodness." Alice heads towards Professor Smith's desk and now haggles to get her phone back.

I gather my stuff, have small talk with a few friends that are almost ready to leave. Then the hallways hush. A crew of six boys with lots of yellow walks all high and mighty down the hall. Victor is even showing his colors now as he spots me. His hand pushes me back to the wall, "Hey, S.Q. I never got that tutoring. I still need help." His smoky breath inches towards my face, "I'm still waiting."

Option one, smoke bomb him. But revile that I'm the Phantom Ninja.

Option two, let the jerk kiss me. And throw up after.

Option three, kick his butt right here right now. And again, reveal that I'm the Phantom Ninja.

I have to pick option two. His lips taste nasty and shivers are running down my spine. Geez, it's like kissing an ashtray.

Victor pulls back and I slip under him, "Wow, forgot how good that was." My hands dive into his jacket pocket, looking for anything incriminating. "Can I get another?"

"No!" I notice that the boys talking about me are near. Time to mess with their heads, "I'm just trying to learn. Why do you have to torture me?" I cry. Ok, a little much on my part but I see them cross my name off from their lists. I get plenty of soothing statements and people glare at Victor.