Chapter 22. Power play

{Location: Crystal Pass elementary school}(Seliel's POV)

The fire alarm was the perfect trick. The hallways and classrooms are completely empty of people, now on to the playground. I roll my eyes as I try picking the lock to the roof access door, "That will never sound heroic no matter what the situation is." I don't have time to waste. The children need me. If I could only get this lock-Click. The door swings outwards as I sigh, "Finally." I tuck my tools away, step onto the roof and close the door to the point it's ajar. I reach to my smoke bomb pocket as I climb higher. I overlook a class of 20 kids and a knocked out teacher all on the main play structure. I need a plan. Step one is obviously to smoke bomb 'em. Step two, fight...mabey.

I have to be very cautious. One wrong step and they could die. I look a little more below me, I count two Yellow Tigers and a dozen cardboard cutouts.

Well that makes my job much easier but seriously. Cardboard? Then again, they just have to trick young second graders and the Crystal Pass government. Not too tough. But how to properly beat them up? I got it. I reach over to my left side, I should have rope. I so need Marci to help make an extra row of pockets in this thing. I finally find some, find a sturdy pipe to hold me then start to walk down the side.

I twist around to see a little black haired boy pointing at me, I hold my index finger to my mouth, he nods as the shock disappears from his face. I get lower, so I'm just above soon to be in a lot of pain guy number 1. From what I can tell, his face is covered by a black ski mask with a hoodie. I ready to detach, my hands closing around his neck, but won't soon to be in a lot of pain guy number two see this guy fall? Thereby causing me to attack me? I need a better, more stealth option. I slowly reach behind to grab my needles. I have on placed in between my fingers. Here goes nothing.

One, I place my needle hand a hair above his hood with the other ready to rip of the thick fabric.

Two, I jerk the hood off, jam the needle along the neck bone.

Three, he stiffens with a small gasp.

Perfect. I detach myself from the rope, ready a second needle as I tiptoe to the next guy,

"HEY," Shoot. Guy number 1 shouts, "Behind you!"

Guy number two has a hockey mask on as he turns to face me. Along with a thick yellow leather jacket and black jeans. New tactic. I tuck the needle in my pocket, grab my kama and charge him. I duck low, place the right one on his neck, the left on under his knee. Now for a simple push and pull. I toss him on his back. He gets the wind knocked out of him and bounces, he loses his pistol and the camera. I choose in the perfect moment of victory to sit on his chest.

I pin his arms down with my legs, place the tips of my blades over his Adam's apple as he looks at me. "What's. Crown's. Plan?" I growl as I picture Victor under me.

The guy whispers, "I don't know. H-he's clever. And keeps to himself."

"Why don't I believe you?" I glance over at the kids as they run while some drag their teacher away.

"Don't you have bigger fish to fry?" New declared idiot below me now grunts. I put more weight on him and up the pressure a little, "Like a certain man in town hall. Right now."

"What makes you think I won't see you get Justus first?"

The idiot snickers under me, "You'll always have time for me. You, Phantom Ninja, love chasing down the bigger problems. Sure, you clean up, but you're predictable."

He's got a valid point. I did tend to stay on Mr. Nom and Jordan more than the random crime. But once the Tigers are far away from here, I can start cleaning up the small stuff. But maybe this is my one time to be unpredictable. "Oh, am I now?" I stand up, put my kama away but drag him to the basketball court. I find a few jump rope, bind his hands and feet but leave his mouth uncovered.