Chapter 12. Insight

{Location: East town}(Dawn's POV)[Time: Many years ago]

It's chilly up here. I lay on the roof of a small home close to a blacksmith shop. I've spent weeks studying my target. A young man with blonde hair, a white Gi, and a tan staff. He visits the town once a week but hangs around the blacksmith shop a lot. Winter is slowly coming in and sends chills down my spine. And I was right, Chen is keeping eyes on me. Several noodle truck 'break down' here, But I see hints of their driver's tattoos. "There he is." I see my target in the sight. He's holding a small white flower as he gets in range.

Is Destiny right? Will I not kill this man? Or is it a mind game? I want to know the future for myself. I close my eyes. I don't have to kill him yet. I can let him talk with his friends, giving a little more life as a gift.

Wu waves and enters the blacksmith shop. I can't see any other people but his back is to me.

"Oh please," Another voice growls just under me. I look down but he's already on the roof. He's got brown beach boy swept hair, black gi, and red scary eyes, "Killing my brother? You can't do it from here."

He picks up the gun and shakes his head like I'm a dummy. I get up and stare at him, "Let me guess. You're Garmadon?"

"Yes." His eyes fade to green. Didn't Chen say something about his being poisoned? "Who sent you? The snakes?"

I hold my hands up as he slowly points the gun to me, "My name is Dawn. I wasn't going to kill your brother but it's very complicated."

"Who..." His eyes are red again and he now aims for my forehead, "Sent. You?"

I sigh, "Chen." I say the name slowly as his eyes widen. "I wasn't going to pull the trigger. You have to believe me."

Garmadon doesn't move. He just holds the gun steady. I'm not even convinced that I was going to do it. But I have to convince him.

I lick my lips while slowly shuffling my feet forward, "I trained with Chen for five years after I was shipwrecked on his island."

"No one knows where the island is. We don't even know if he's alive." Garmadon's eyes hold their red.

I turn over slowly and pull up the back of my shirt, "Then tell me why a twenty-year-old has this."

Garmadon lets out some more growls as the gun drops to the ground, "I thought Chen was done with his mind games. Come with me." He walks over to the side of the roof and jumps down. "I have something for you."

"What could you have for me?" I gather my things and toss them over.

"A way out from Chen." Garmadon smirks, pick up the gun and walk towards the mountain. I flip off the building and land like a cat.

{Location: CJ's in Crystal Pass}(Seliel's POV)[Present Day]

I knock on the door as the street is dead quiet. I recognize Arthur opening the door for me. He stutters until the door swings open by itself, "The Phantom Ninja."

I touch my neck, I hope this voice monitor will work, "Yes. Is anyone else here?" Perfect, deep and low. Unlike my higher more female voice.

Arthur points to the back. Marci is dressed up as well and eats the free food.

"Thanks." I walk to her, "Slight change in plans."

Marci actually looks good, all light purple and white, "Is this because of the snakes?"

"Yeah. I don't know why the serpentine are attacking again but I'm worried about what they're after. The vengstone." I keep my helmet on despite how good the chocolate cake looks.