Chapter 20. Capital funds

{Location: Crystal Pass, Town center}(Seliel's POV)[Six months later]

I crouch on a building, in perfect view of two young teens trying to break into a bank. A smirk curls under my helmet. My fingers hover my belt, which weapon to pick, so many fun options.

Snap! The teen in a see-through black ski mask fist bumps the air, "Got it." Mostly male. Late puberty.

The other teen, who has a black hoodie and a black half mask smacks his partner on the back of the head, "Shut up. This is a lot of money, and we don't need anyone out us."

I turn around, lower myself to a window sill, repeat the process until my boots land on the pavement. My right-hand reaches behind me and grabs an extendable staff I've been working on. I tiptoe closer, press the button, thwack, metal on metal rings in the air. The two teen twist back to look at me, worry grows quickly in their eyes. I point the staff tip at the hoodie guy, "Hey losers."

They back up. Both scared out of their minds. Ski mask holds his hands up, "D-don't."

Hoodie guy gets on his knees, "It was just prank. We're weren't gonna take anything. I swear."

I slowly press a button on my belt, my line to AJ or whoever is on the phone at the police station. In the corner of my eye, it starts blinking. I direct my attention back to the almost thieves, "Funny. It that crowbar behind you suggests otherwise."

Hood guy squeaks, "I..it was here when I found it."

Sure, buddy. Nice try. I glance up to see red, white and blue flashing lights coming around the bend, "So why does it have the initials J.D. engraved on the inside?" I step closer to hoodie guy, "Your name."

Ski mask guy whistles, "So, I'm not getting grilled. Can I go or-"

I step back and poke him in the stomach. He holds it as he doubles over. I point back to hoodie guy as cop cars stop behind me, "No. Now, was this just a petty thief or was Crown involved?"

Hoodie guy titles his head, "Man, I don't know what you've been smoking but no Crown told me to do anything."

He holds still and looks where my eyes would be. He's honest. Which means another dead end. I step back, put my staff away and just as the cops come, I throw down a smoke bomb. I've got a new toy I wanna try. I press the center of my belt, two metal wings pop out from my back along with two jets under them and four by my feet. I elevate up above the smoke cloud, sarcastically salute the cops then fly home.

This is awesome. I love this toy. I'm tempted to go high but Marci said to keep it low. But still, the sky it right there and....whoa. I hear a sputter and I head down to Mom's stacue. I steady myself then tuck and roll on the ground. Once I'm on my feet again I pull the wings off. I spot something in the engine. I carefully pull it out, it's a sheet of paper. I hold it up, "Are you kidding me?" I crumple it up. "Stupid Ninja promotion poster," I growl. All because they saved the world few times, they're celebrities. Ugg, everyone cares about them and New Ninjago city. Not little, very hurt places like Crystal Pass.

I walk into my backyard to see Marci sitting in the middle of dozens of parts. "Hey." I gently place the wings down, "The engine was too exposed."

Marci sighs heavily, "There's just no pleasing this thing hmm?" She picks it up as AJ comes out the back door in workout shorts.

I sigh as dawn peeks through the clouds. "At least you can figure out a machine." I take off my armor as AJ stretches.

She pulls her right arm down, "Hurry up Ghost girl. You wanted to spar."

"Very funny copper," I get my breastplate, shoulder guards, and my belt off, "You promise to not go easy on me?"

"You're in for the fight of your life," AJ stretches her other arm as I'm dressed back in my new much shorter jumpsuit. It stops above my knees and is light blue and grey. I tie my hair back in a loose ponytail then ready my stance.