Chapter 8. Marble mother

{Location: Crystal Pass' medal factory}(Seliel's POV)

I've never had such a taunting dream. My dream was mostly based on the fantasy I loved. I kicked the ninjas' butts. Jay totally thought I was one of the robotic ninja that just attacked. He even held a magnet to me. I halted a truck from coming in by stabbing the engine with my sword. The four ninja and I kicked some serious evil robot butt and freed some people then found out they were trying to use Nya as a hostage. It was the kind of dream you practice over and over in your head.

Until I got to the part I wasn't expecting. After I made my third getaway. Cole kept trying to unmask me. He was good, I was good, but no matter how hard I tried. Cole and I were even. In fact, his dream version taunted me with a smile. I want to hate him like I do with the rest of his pals. But I can't. And that cuts me deep. The way the moon shines on his raven black hair, how the darkness makes his deep brown eyes blend in or his golden weapon being the only source of light makes him handsome. And knowing he left me stings like salt in the eyes.

I wake up to the sound of a loud whistle.

I moan as Marci shakes me. "What time is it?"

Marci pulls me up to my feet, "7. Now hustle your hinny. Everyone else is gathering around something."

I haul the heavy of my soon to be armor as Marci holds up what will be my symbol in the rising sun. A lot of people are gathered in front of my home. Almost 200 feet closer to me, warning tapes are around four orange cones. What is going on?"

"I never thought I'd see the day where you were a morning bird S.Q." Victor smirks at me. His light green eyes taught me. I can't stand him. I hate him. He just.....Victor. "What's with the bag? Got a body in there?"

I stiffen my face and stand taller, "No. In the attack, we used a lot of medicine. I was just scavenging for more." I hold down the smirk that comes with this lie.

"Wow. Icy." He gets closer to me.

At least I have Marci, who steps in between us and folds her arms, "Let's not bring the mood down any further. You know why everyone is here, Vic?"

"Yeah." He puts a stick of gum in his mouth, "Look at your porch." He sidesteps.

Great, another round of tears. I let go of the bag and stare. My town members have brought everything and anything related to my Mom. Her pictures, receipts of their health care that she helped pay off, her favorite flowers. The midnight blue tulips that grow at the top of the mountain.

I'm at a wake.

I feel my face crumble as people murmur, 'Sorry. Your Mom was a wonderful person. She's in a better place. She will be missed.'

Eve, a girl who I was convinced for the longest time, that she was the girl version of Lloyd, she taps my shoulder, "Will you reopen the clinic, Seliel?" Her green eyes beg of me, "Please. It was such a nice place."

I shake my head.

Dad comes out from around back and helps carry my things inside while Marci pushes me. I passed by Victor. I rarely got to see his shocked face, why is it on now? He blows a bubble, "Miss your Mommy, Seliel?"

I freeze. Twist over and punch him, "I do. More than you know." I don't scream like I should. My voice is just above a whisper while my heart breaks. Some part of me will never accept that I won't see her again.

I let Marci guild me back as Dad hides my things in a hidden door on the wall. Marci takes me to my room, which still looks like it went through a tornado. A lot of everything is broken...kinda like me.