Chapter 15. Cave secrets

{Location: Crystal Pass}(Seliel's POV)

Marci tries touching her gravestone, "I never think to be beside myself in this way." Her hands pass through the stone.

She tries to come closer as AJ freezes up, "Stay back." AJ pulls back the hammer. "Who ever, what ever you are."

I sidestep but AJ stays in front of me, "Is this real?" The fog gets a little thicker as Marci takes another step.

AJ pushes me back, "I'm warning you. Don't take another step."

Marci despite the warning keeps coming. BANG! AJ fires a round. But the bullet passes through Marci and makes a hole in the white fence. "Seliel, it really is me. I'm back."

How do I know? This could be an incredibly elaborate prank. Or maybe I'm still asleep at the station. "Prove it. Say something only Marci would know."

Marci holds still, "You've given me flowers. Every month. Exactly one month to the day."

I glance at AJ. She shrugs her shoulders, "Hey. I only decided to stalk you today."

I swallow hard as the cold air starts biting, "So it is you. How? How are you here...alive." I pause as Marci cooks an eye brow, "Wrong word. How are you here?"

Marci closes her eyes then holds her head. Like she was having trouble focusing on me, "I don't know. I remember feeling like I wasn't finished. That I have something to still do."

AJ slowly places her gun back in her hilt, "And what is that? How do you get back to rest?"

"I remember remembering." Marci opens her eyes again then shivers, "Ugg. Like that's helpful."

Crunch! All three of our heads turn to the sound of gravel just outside the graveyard. I come out from behind AJ and quietly walk to the fence.

I see two men. One is wearing an all black thick leather clothes with a yellow headband. The other has a black jacket on with his pants being a light pair of jeans.

Yellow headband twists around as the loose gravel makes more sound, "SHh! The last thing we need is something small as gravel getting us on the hook."

The other one sighs, "Dude," Victor? Again? Life, why must you give me the sourest lemons? Victor shakes his head then throws his arms up, "Even if we made noise, this fog is too thick for anyone to track us down."

"Still," The first one folds his arms, "Fog isn't a guarantee for safety."

AJ hums by me as Marci half-passes, half-stands in the fence, "Jordan Nom. I thought this punk skipped town."

"Jordan?" I think back. As far as I know, he was his dad's second in command. I guess the power just shifted. "To be honest, I thought the Yellow Tigers would be finished by now."

AJ shakes her head, "Well, these cats have more than nine lives." Then she glances at Marci, who's face is sour, "No offenses."

Jordan looks around wildly as Victor pulls out a lighter, "You know where we're heading?"

"No boss man," Victor lets a puff of smoke out and holds a tape in his hand, "It's not like we can get instant directions."

What a dummy, that's not a GPS. I roll my eyes as Victor pulls out a small black tape player. There's a click and a woman's voice comes on, "This is tape 7. And just because most of my mistakes were on the island. Doesn't mean Chen held his hand from controlling me."

My eyes widen. "Mom?" I breathe as my breath begins to be visible.

Marci holds in a gasp as AJ knits her eyebrows. "You've kept track of the tapes right?"