Chapter 10. And then there were two

{Location: Marci's House} (Seliel's POV)

Marci picked me up in her tiny gold mini van, "Hop in." She slows to a stop and I open the back door. From what I can tell, she's wearing a teal tank-top with white peace shorts and neon green slippers. It's kinda hard to sit in my armor so I end up sitting on one chair and having to stretch onto the other, something to work on. For once Marci's not a talker. I nearly nod off myself as we pull into her driveway, "Here." She turns the car off and gets out.

"Thanks?" I'm not sure why she took me to her house and not mine. "Anyone else's home?"

"Sound asleep." Marci fumbles for her keys and opens the front door while I struggle to get out of the car. I make it out after five minutes of struggling and follow her in. Marci's little home built into the cliff is just how I remember it. "How was mission one?"

"Grab a pen and paper." I head to the kitchen and start taking off my armor. I place the breastplate on the counter as Marci gets what I asked for. "Believe me when I say, you won't believe it." Next, I take out the tapes I collected and neatly stack them.

Marci drops off the pen and paper and grabs me new clothes. She's a tad shorter in height compared to me, making her neon clothes tiny on me. "Where'd those come from?" She points to the tapes.

I head to her nearest bathroom and close the door to get out of my sweaty clothes, "Write it down."

I explain the top points of tonight. Marci is still writing when I get out. She taps the pen against her lips, "So, someone actually hated Dr. Dawn? Wow. Now, I've heard everything."

"Tell me about it." I look at her neat handwriting as she gets up and grabs an empty trash bag to put my armor in. "I want to know who this Chen character is."

"Maybe this?" Marci holds up a small take out box from Mister Chen's noodle hut from the shop at the base of the mountain.

I roll my eyes and snicker, "What could the CEO of a noodle company possibly have a vendetta against the Yellow Tiger Gang? It's probably a popular name anyway."

"Yeah," Marci tosses the box way and yawns, "Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm tired."

"Marci Black, tired at night? Now I've seen everything." I smirk as she shakes her head.

"Funny." Marci actually does look ready to pass out. "See you tomorrow." Marci moves up to her room as I finish putting my armor away. I pick a couch only to find it full of candy wrappers. I get as comfy as I can, placing my armor by my feet and cuddling with the new tapes I recovered.

There's something about the body being tired that lures me to sleep quickly. Before I know it, I'm out like a light.

(Marci's POV)

As least Seliel is doing better. At least she's not trying to do the whole loner hero thing. Still, she didn't exactly ask for my help, just my ride. I close my room door and look at the outfit hanging on my night stand. A dark purple hood with a dress, a small heart like hole at the collar, tights that look like super long boots. I'm going to need a name like Seliel has one. Of course, I'll need training and weapons but all that will get done soon enough. I sit on the end of my bed and stare at it. Maybe something will come to me. I fall back on my bed. Wow, I'm tired. Ethan hasn't even come back for the funeral. I miss my brother, as annoying and troublesome he was he was entertaining. But he had to get a job at Borg industries. Borg industries...oh crap. I jump and open my phone and dial him. Nothing. It's like the power's been cut. Ethan. Then the lights go out entirely. Either the power station has been turned off or I really need to go to bed. I fumble my pillows off my bed and tuck myself into bed. I wonder if the Ninja had anything to do with the power outage? Marci, you've got to stop thought like these, it'll only hurt you.