ch 14

What the resistance shinobi saw made them gasp in awe. A boy merely 13 or 14 years of age was cutting through the enemy line. Swinging his sword like a maniac to amateur eyes.
Each attack was being delivered with great precision. A seldom GETSUGA TENSHO were being announced as the bright blue swing of pure energy incinerated the enemy. But what stood out the most was the manianical laughter that would follow after every kill.
The mother looked at awe.
"Your son is brilliant." Mei commented.
"I can't even say now whether he is the same innocent baby that left me years ago."
The rest of the team was speechless. The boy Infront of them was a one man team on his own. He alone could stand up to the entire army.
"Don't let the effort of the kid go to waste." Zabuza shouted. The resistance shinobi gave a battle cry as they charged to retake their post.
...
Naruto was having fun. He was covered in cuts and scratches, and some even deeper wounds. But he could care less. He was bathing in blood. And he was growing tired. However powerful he may be, he was still a human. And so he missed some kunais that directly hit him at his gut, spilling blood. Of course the one who threw them was dead even before he could pull another set out, but he had dealt a considerable damage.
But the kage was fighting a losing battle here. His army had lost the advantage of number. And the konoha shinobi were stronger than they anticipated.
Naruto killed another few shinobi when he stumbled for the first time. His vision was becoming dizzy. Yes he had reached his limit, after a very long time. He missed the sword that was behind him, ready to cut him in half. When suddenly...
*Clank* metal hit metal. The attack was intercepted by kakashi.
"Naruto you should stop now. We are pulling back anyway, the post has been retaken."
Naruto couldn't even answer. He fell unconscious.
Narumi caught him and retreated.
....
"How is he now?" The worried mother asked.
"He is fine, his wounds are healing fast though. He should be awake soon." The nurse replied.
"That idiot, I am never letting him out of my sight again."
"Mom, calm down, you need rest too."
...
Naruto woke up, but he felt a firm grip on his hand, that only tightened as he tried to free it. He saw his mother holding his hands tightly, with her head on it.
'i think I scared the shit out of her.'
"Yes you did scare me naruto."
"How did you know what I was thinking?"
"A mother always knows what her children are thinking. Now, that you are awake I can finally do something I should have done long ago." Naruto had a confused look as he waited for his mother to do something she said she would do.
And surprisingly enough.
....
Narumi and naraki woke to loud howl. They were outside their brother's room.
When they opened the door, they smiled.
"What do you think you were doing?"
An angry kushina asked pulling naruto's ears.
"However powerful you may be, you are still a small child. I don't want you to indulge any further. Am I understood?"
"Yes, yes please my ears, please, I promise."
"That's good, as a punishment, no ramen for the next 2weeks."
"Mom, that's not fair."
"I know, but you have to learn your lesson."
"That is so not fair." Naruto whined.
"There is no way you can buy your way out of this naruto uzumaki namikaze." Kushina proposed stubbornly, and no one could get away with it.
"But surely mom you can't go easy on him." Narumi complained playfully.
"How is this going easy? No ramen for 2 weeks is starving." Naruto protested.
"You should be aware of the other edible items around and their taste." Naraki pointed out. She was never an avid fan of ramen but she didn't hate it either.
"Now go back to sleep. You need rest." Kushina said, smiling, relived.
"You need that more than me mom." Naruto said calmly.
"Aki nii, umi chan please take mom and take rest, you all look tired. I am really sorry for worrying you."
"Nah... It's alright... That's what family is for ruto." Naraki said, touched by his words.
"I promise, in the next fight I am not gonna get so badly hurt." Naruto announced, pumping his hands in air.
"Itah...itah....itah..."
"What did you promise me ruto boy." Kushina said pulling his ears again.
"I am really sorry to disturb this happy family reunion." Mei said entering the room though she didn't seem to mean her words.
"Ya why would you be." Kushina commented.
"Please kushina, you should be giving me more credit than that."
"Puft..."
"Anyways." Mei looked at naruto and her gaze hardened. She walked up to him and bowed her head.
This shocked everyone. "I can't thank you enough for what you have done naruto kun." Her words were serious and this time her voice sounded grateful. "You have rekindled the hope that my men had lost. I didn't hope myself that we could go on for long, but your actions yesterday has made us believe in the dream of better tomorrow. I am sorry that you got hurt for our cause and lady kushina had been so worried along with your teammates. But I must thank you for everything. You put yourself in the position where I can't ask anything of you anymore for you have already left me indebted to you."
"There is nothing you should be thanking me for." Naruto began, as Mei looked at him, kushina was by his side. "We only did what was right. Everyone has the right to live peacefully and if I can contribute in anyway for removing the person who takes that peace away I will never go back. What you and your ninja are fighting for is a noble cause, and I am equally grateful to you that we could be a part of it. Whether we win or lose, we will still be a part of that noble cause and I am happy to shed my blood for it. So I promise as long as I can I will fight with all my power to help you restore peace. But if you do anything that can disrupt this peace you are fighting so hard for I will not hesitate to point my sword at you."
Mei was speechless, so were narumi and naraki. But kushina smiled as she stroked the blond hairs lovingly. She never really thought her baby ruto would grow up so fast, and she was a bit sad that she had hardly played any role in it, and not being able to witness the change her son had gone through. She was proud of him none-the-less. As proud as she was of naraki and narumi, if not more.
"You have a great son there kushina." Was all mei said before she left the room, smiling. Her eyes burned with determination, a determination to be victorious, for her people, if not for herself.