Ch. 27- Temporary Happiness

~~~
(Skip to 12)

Cameron's POV (finally)

Me: I'm outside.

Deja😉: Okay.

A few minutes later, she comes out of her garage. She walks over to the car and sits in the passenger seat.

"Damn, how much money do your parents make?" She asks because my car is a Mercedes.

I hate when people find out that my parents have money because they treat me differently after they do. But, if I'm given a Mercedes, I'm gonna drive it.

"Really, Deja?"

"What, I was just asking a question."

"Whatever." I say, starting up the car.

"Hey, we're matching. We both have solid white shirts and black pants."

Deja's shirt showed off her stomach while I just have a white T-shirt under a black hoodie. She's wearing black leggings while I just have Adidas sweatpants on.

I think of Deja as a friend, but she sure does looking good in leggings.

Deja taps on a radio station and Girl by The Internet comes on. She always hums and lowly sings this song in school, but today she's just blankly staring out the window.

"Don't you like this song?" I ask without taking my eyes off the road.

"No." She responds without looking away from the window.

"Because they play it too much?"

"Sure."

I know that Deja isn't feeling great, but this is just depressing. Deja is the type of person to sing a song at the top of her lungs if she knows it. I know that she knows this song.

Even when Deja isn't at her best, she still finds it somewhere within herself to feel better. Today, she isn't even trying.

I feel like there's something else happening that I've missed.

Deja's POV

Thank goodness that I cry silently or else that would've been a mess.

I haven't heard that song ever since that day. At first I was gonna sing the song, but then everything started flooding back; the tears, that smirk, and the touching. I don't think I can listen to this song again.

I don't think I can eat Chick-fil-A anytime soon either.

~~~

After parking in the parking garage, we start walking towards the mall entrance.

It was amusing watching Cameron look for a parking spot in the crowded parking garage. He looked frustrated, but he was laughing with me so, I know that he wasn't truly frustrated.

"On a scale from 1-10 how much do you like parking garages on a Saturday?" I ask, walking alongside him.

"I would say a 2."

I laughed. "I thought you were going to say 0."

"Well, we laugh at the things we don't necessarily see coming."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I knew that was gonna make you laugh because you didn't expect me to say that." He looks at me, causing me to blush a little.

I look the other way so that he can't see my wide smile, but I fail miserably.

"Aww, you like me." He says, mocking.