Ch. 55- Chokehold

Ava's POV

I stand up from my chair as I watch David's hand fall on the metal.

"Did you do this to Deja?" I ask. "If so, I can see why she decided to break up with you."

"You don't know anything about that."

"You need help, and I mean you need to go see a therapist."

"Whatever. I'm crazy for wanting to know where my Homecoming date is?"

"Yes, because if you really want to know, you can call or text her yourself. Instead, you're hounding me for an answer that I don't even have."

David gives me a look that gives anyone the urge to run for safety. He turns around for the door and he looks angry. Knowing he's very persistent in getting what he wants, there's no doubt that he's going to call Deja until she tells him where she is. I'm simply just someone who carried out the plan and he looked like he could murder me. I'm honestly worried about Deja's safety.

I walk outside and pull out my phone.

Deja's POV

I'm getting down on some ice cream when my phone vibrates at the table beside the couch. My hands are sticky because of the ice cream so, I tell Cameron to get it for me.

"It's Ava, can I answer it?" He asks.

"Sure, I don't care."

He answers the call and says hello. He then proceeds to tell Ava several times to calm down. He gives the phone to me in hopes that I can calm her down.

"Hello?" I say, trying to sound like I don't have food in my mouth.

"David is really mad at you. He's like pissed."

"I knew that was gonna happen."

"You don't understand, Deja. In like two seconds, he's gonna call you until you tell him where you are."

"Okay, and?"

"I think he's gonna critically hurt you or kill you."

"He's too scared to even hurt a fly. He always looks like he's gonna hurt someone, but he never does."

"I've seen him mad, and this is the worst I've ever seen him."

"Whatev-" I start before seeing my screen light up with the word Math.

I tap on the green accept button and wait for the call to connect.

"Hel-" I start before getting cut off my David's angry voice.

"Where the fuck are you?"

"Woah, language."

"You think this is funny, don't you?"

"Yes, I do. You thought I was so over everything that's happened to the point of actually rekindling a relationship with you. That's the funny part."

"I also have some things that I think are funny, but I'm gonna wait until you're here to tell you."

"I'm not going anywhere." I say, letting my anger get the best of me through my yelling.

My phone abruptly gets ripped out of my hand.

"Just letting you know, she's not going anywhere with you." Cameron says.

"Cameron, give me my phone back." I try to grab his hand.

He simply pushes me back with one of his arms. Why does he have to be so damn strong? He puts the call on speakerphone since that's the closest I'm going to get to getting my phone back.

"Cameron, give the phone back to Deja." I can hear David say from the phone.

"No, because I need to hear the conversation."

"It's her phone, just give it to her."

"If we're really talking about ownership, then you should let Deja use her own mind. She obviously doesn't want to go wherever you want her to go."

"I don't care about what she wants, I care about what she needs and she needs to hear what I have to tell her."

"Then, say it right now."

"She needs to be right in front of me." David says, seeming to have calmed down a little bit.

Cameron looks at me, suggesting me to say something.

"Fine, I'll meet him." I blurt out.

"Bailey, where are you?" Cameron asks.

"Was the middle name really necessary?" David asks. "Anyway, I'm at the school."

"Okay, we'll be there in 15." Cameron says before ending the call.

"Why are you coming?" I ask.

"You didn't really think that I would let you out of my sight around David, would you?"

"I'm not a 12 year old, Cameron."

"Well, you sure do think like one sometimes."

~~~

Cameron parks the car in the front portion of the parking lot. Even though I'm in the car, I can see David standing near a corner of the building.

"Remember, I'm not a baby. Could you just stay here while I go talk to him." I say, unlocking the door.

"Wait." Cameron says, grabbing my arm. "If you need me, just call me."

I nod and leave the car. I take a deep breath in as I approach David. Ava is also there, but she's a reasonable distance away from David.

"So, you decided to come." David says, leaning against the brick with his arms folded against his chest.

"Of course I did. I said that I was going to come, therefore I was gonna do that."

"Actually, Cameron said that you were gonna come. He also said that he was coming too. Where is he?"

"You don't need to know that." I say. "Enough about the whereabouts of Cameron, why did you want to talk to me in person?"

"Tonight, you played a very dirty trick on me. It might've been funny to you, but you don't realize how humiliating that can be. To get stood up is not very nice."

"It's not supposed to be nice, you imbecile. I'm surprised that this is all you had to say to me."

"Oh, Deja. You know that I'm just getting started. I'm not done." He says, slowly walking closer to me.

"Then, finish because I have things to do."

"What things do you have to do tonight that you couldn't do with me?" David asks, smirking. "It's probably spreading your legs, right? That's the only thing that I couldn't get you to do."

"I get that your feelings are hurt, but to say that is just out of fucking line."

"How can I have hurt feelings if I never had them to start?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I only went out with you to get vengeance for my brother."

"I don't even know your brother, David."

"Are you sure about that, because you and Cameron fought him back in the early weeks of school. Does the name Conor ring any bells?"

Now that I think about it, Conor was the one who "turned me in" in that fight that I watched with Cameron in it. Does he really think that I fought him?

"This is a mis underst-" I start, but I'm cut off by pain.

There's a hand around my neck and my head is pressed up against the brick.

"I didn't...I didn't." I dryly mutter in brief breaths.

I try to repeat, but it becomes difficult to even think. Suddenly, everything goes...

Blank.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

The book is ending next chapter or the chapter after that. Just a head's up.