Ch. 52- A Meeting

~~~

Deja's POV

"I'm home!" I yell once I enter the house.

I don't know why, but today has been more tiring than usual. I just want to go to my room and sleep until dinner is ready. I only rise from my slumber when there's dinner ready.

I walk up the stairs to my room, but I can't even do that. My mom comes out of her room, interrupting my trip to my room in more than casual clothes. I wonder what the special occasion is.

"So, Deja where's your friend?" She asks me.

"My friend? All my friends are dead."

"Very funny, but I mean your date to Homecoming."

"You didn't tell me that that was supposed to be today."

"Whoops, I meant to add that in there."

"Oh my gosh!" I groan.

I guess that I'll have to text him to get him over here.

Me: Get over here ASAP.

Math: Why?

Me: Just do it.

Math: Over where? You're not being specific.

Me: My house.

Hopefully, he still has my address. After Homecoming is over, I want him to delete my address from his brain and his phone. However, I hope that my forcing tone won't delay his arrival. I don't want this meeting to happen, so I just want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

"So, is he coming?" My mom asks.

"Yes."

"Great."

"Why do you want to meet him so badly?" I ask. "This is just Homecoming, not Prom."

"Well, this way, I'll already know the guy who's going to Prom with you."

HA! That was funny. David can stop talking to me after Homecoming. Hopefully, by Prom season, Cameron would be able to go with me or someone else besides David could go. Really, David is my last choice.

I've gone to Homecoming alone and it's not a fun experience. I went with Tiara last year and it was pretty boring. I also didn't really try to have fun, but it's whatever.

I'm close to not even going to Homecoming, but I think it's a little too late for that. I mean, it is next week.

~~~

I hear the doorbell ring and my heart jumps a little. Of course, I know that it's just David. Why do I feel the need to get approval from my mom for a person I couldn't care less about?

What is going on with me?

"Go open the door, but check to see if it's him before you do." My mom orders from the kitchen.

I roll my eyes. "Right, because someone would kidnap me."

"It could be someone trying to sell stuff in the neighborhood."

"Who, my kidnapper?"

"No one was talking about kidnapping. I was talking about the person on the other side of the door."

Honestly, my mom probably wants to me to get kidnapped. I wouldn't cause her so much trouble.

"Stop talking and start opening the door." My mom orders once again.