Ch. 32- Suspicions

^That thumbnail though^

Cameron's POV

I look at Deja as if she's just stabbed someone or something. I immediately forget all about the shit I was going to say to David.

Of course, David isn't my favorite person in the world, but I thought that Deja knew that too. I mean, all of David's relationships end badly. There's no such thing as a mutual agreement with him and I know that Deja's brief relationship with David didn't end well.

Every time I mention David, she just changes the subject. A five day relationship doesn't impact someone that bad. So, I wonder what made this relationship the shortest of David's.

What did he do?

The only thing that'd cut a relationship that quickly is a really bad thing. So he must've done a really bad thing, right?

Well, if he did such a bad thing why would she revert to the word friend so quickly?

Hopefully, she just said it out of impulse.

~~~

The bell rings and I get up from my chair along with everyone else. I wait for Deja to get up before I leave out the door.

Once we're both in the hallway, Deja walks past me, almost as if I'm not even there. It actually looks like she's trying to catch up with David. I'm pissed, but my anger won't do anything. If anything, it'll just make things worse like it always does.

While I'm walking to my next class, I hear someone calling my name behind me. I turn around to see Deja's ex-friend walking up to me.

"You talk to Deja, right?"

"Sure."

"Could you wish her happy birthday for me?"

Happy birthday? Is her birthday today?

"Her birthday's today?"

"No, it's on Friday, the 29th."

Note to self, September 29th is Deja's birthday.

"OK. Why can't you tell her yourself?"

"I'm pretty sure you know why."

"OK. Now, I have a question."

"Yes, I am single."

Why would I need that information? Tiara isn't a bad looking person, but she can't compare to Deja. Don't flatter yourself.

"What?" I ask.

"What?"

"Whatever, do you know why David and Deja broke up?"

"She didn't say much about it. She told me that it just didn't work out. She didn't give me any other details so, I guess that's a touchy subject for her."

~~~
(End of the day)

Deja's POV

Today's been a rough day. Each time Cameron walks past me, I want to talk to him, but I know that I can't. His cologne is so attracting, but I need to stay away from him. I wish that I was savage and had apathy like Kali Uchis, but I can't stop wondering if I'm making the wrong decision with Cameron.

I feel like I'm losing the only real friend I have at the moment.

Even though I'm in study hall, which also has David, I've managed to avoid any contact with him. I just said we could be friends so that David and Cameron could stop fighting. David keeps on trying to talk to me. He's so persistent. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually considering forgiving him.