Ch. 33- The Ultimate Confession

~~~
(Next Day)

Deja's POV

I was so close to telling Cameron about the situation yesterday. The idea of actually telling him was a strong possibility. Even though the dream I had with him in it is going to haunt me for a while, I feel like I'm doing way too much.

I can tell that Cameron is confused and irritated because I won't tell him anything. The lack of contact with him has made my internal struggles worse. Last night, I had a dream that I killed myself again.

Those dreams are pretty rare for me and never occur in a row. I need to hurry up and get my shit together with Cameron before I can't handle it anymore.

Maybe I just need to accept the fact that I might feel a type of way about Cameron.

Nah.

I watch as David walks into the classroom. Damn it, I am still not prepared to see him. Trigonometry class hasn't even started and I already want the class to end.

"Hi, Deja." He says.

His voice annoys me, but I have to hide my feelings because he'll see that and my cover will be blown.

"Hi, David." I say, forcing a smile.

"Someone's in a good mood, today."

"I know right, I woke up and I felt like not scalping someone bald."

"I know that someone's probably me."

Wow, he's not as dumb and clueless as I thought.

"No, it's not." I lie.

"OK, did you do the homework?"

Oh shit, I completely forgot about that homework. Seeing panic consume my face, David slides it over to me.

"You've given me the homework plenty of times so, it's only fair that I let you copy this time."

"Thanks, David."

Now that I think about it, this "friendship" might have a chance at coming together if he keeps this up.

"You're trying to get on my good side, right?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Great, this could be an eh friendship if you keep this up."

"Eh?"

"Yep."

As soon as that comes out my mouth, Mr. Smith starts teaching. Every class is routine. He gives a lesson, he gives us work and we usually end up finishing the classwork as homework.

After he gives us the lesson, he hands out worksheets and writes down page numbers on the board.

"OK, this assignment doesn't have to be independent. You guys can talk as long as it stays at a moderate level." Mr. Smith says, still writing on the board. "Also, progress reports are coming out soon so, if you want to see how you're doing in my class, come over to my desk. If you have a D or lower, your name will get called over here whether you're standing at my desk or not."

It's progress report time already? I swear it's only been 3 weeks. I go over to his desk because I personally believe that I've been slacking lately. Because of my mom's obsession with being perfect, an A is strongly encouraged and B is strongly discouraged.

It's crazy.

"So, what do I have in your class?" I ask once I'm at his desk.

"Let's see, you have a B, 81%."