Ch. 43- She's With Me

Cameron's POV

Man, I do love to mess with Deja. Seeing her get so irritated kinda warms my heart. Of course, I know that Deja doesn't like Ava, but I think that Deja is being a little jealous.

I mean, she's acting as if I'm her boyfriend and shouldn't be taken by anyone else. I know where she's coming from since she doesn't have anyone else to lean on at the moment. She does have David, but he doesn't count in my book. The last time I checked, friends don't almost rape friends.

Maybe the word friends is just a façade.

I walk to my locker and open it up. After putting some of my books in there, I close it and start my walk to English Literature. While I'm walking, Ava comes out of Mr. Davis' office.

"Thanks for giving me the directions." She says, smiling.

"It's no problem."

"Why couldn't you just show me?"

"I don't see the point in having a preference for directions. Directions are directions."

"Well, I thought the nice boy who helped me could help me some more." She says, winking.

I laugh right in her face. Not only is she trying way too hard, but she thinks I'm nice. Who thinks that I'm nice?

"Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not nice at all."

"That's hard to believe based on the way you talk to that girl."

"That girl's name is Deja, but I'll let that slide since you're new." I say. "I'm not nice. You'll find that out by the end of the day."

Ava's POV

Okay, he obviously doesn't like me. However, that doesn't mean that he can't like me. Feelings change ya know. Once I get him away from that Deja girl, everything will work out.

"Hey, you!" I hear from a group of girls standing by the lockers.

I don't know who it was from the group, but I assume that it was from the girl with the jacked lace front.

"Yes?" I cautiously ask as I walk over to them.

"You look like you have strong arms."

Wow, I have never heard that before. Hopefully, that's a good thing. My first day has already been off to a bad start because of Deja's presence. I don't need it to get any worse.

"Thanks?"

"Great, she makes everything sound like a question, she'll fit right in." Jacked lace front says to the 3 other girls in her group.

"What?" I ask, honestly confused.

"She's perfect." Jacked lace front says to the 3 other girls again. "How would you like to be a cheerleader?"

"I've never been one, but it sounds interesting."

"Great, I'm Cynthia, that's Tiana-." Cynthia starts before being cut off.

"It's actually Tiara." Tiana or Tiara corrects.

Cynthia rolls her eyes before continuing the introductions. "That's Maya and that's Sidney. What's your name? You look new."

"I am new and my name is Ava."

"Ava, that's cute. Do you think you could lift people?" Cynthia asks.

"I don't know, I've never tried."

"She's such a newbie." Cynthia tries to whisper to the group. "Tryouts are in the gym in 3 days."