Ch. 44- I'm Sorry

This chapter was mostly written on 3 hours of sleep. The other part is written on 5. Just a heads up.

Deja's POV

I'm freaking out of course, but I have to keep it on the down low. I can not believe that Cameron asked/confirmed that he's going to Homecoming with me.

"Oh, so I guess you guys are a thing." David says.

Wow, is this really happening right now? Actually, what exactly is happening right now?

"No, we're going as friends." Cameron says almost immediately after David called us a thing.

Way to crush a girl's hopes and dreams. Maybe Cameron is saying we're just friends because David would probably have something to say about a relationship with Cameron.

"Okay, then I might just have to talk to that Ava girl." David says now that he knows that I have a date.

While still on the topic of dates, I take this opportunity to confront David about the girl on his Snapchat. Not that I care or anything, I'm just curious.

"Actually, why don't you just go to Homecoming with the girl on your Snap?" I ask with my head tilted to the side.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Cameron turns to look at something else besides David because he can feel the awkwardness.

"There was a girl that you were kissing on your Snpachat."

"She's no one." He says with his arms folded.

"Does she know that she's just no one?" I ask. "Or did you tell her that she was special?"

"Deja, I didn't even play you during our relationship so, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Right, you did much worse." Cameron says.

"First of all, you don't know the whole story." David says.

"Then, stop wasting time and start informing since I'm obviously missing something."

"I'm not a bad guy, I promise. Yes, I did almost have sex with Deja, but I stopped trying after she said stop twice."

"I actually said it three times." I correct.

"Well, I didn't hear you the first time."

"Whatever, why'd you look at me like that after I said stop the second time?"

"I don't know, Deja. I wasn't thinking clearly at all. I just had you on my mind the whole time. I was crazy." David explains.

Was crazy? How about is crazy?

"Was crazy, you are crazy." Cameron says.

"Shut up, you don't know anything about me." David says, obviously annoyed.

"I know what you've done though. What you've done makes everyone know you."

"They don't know about what happened at my house."

"What about the other incidents that you don't talk about?" Cameron asks.

I did not know that Cameron has some dirt on David. It makes sense though. The only way to take down your enemy is to get to know your enemy. Tiara and I's former friendship is proof of that.

~~~

The bell rings, signaling another end to another boring class. I hate taking notes. Now, I get to catch up with Cameron and see what changed his mind about Homecoming.

"So, you're going to Homecoming?" I ask once I catch up to him.

"No, I'm not actually. I really just said that to get you out of that situation."

I always hope for the best even though I always have to settle for less.

"I could handle that pressure."

"No, you can't. I've seen you under pressure. You look like a nervous mess."

"Why can't you just listen to me and trust that I have everything under control?" I ask with my arms folded.

"Because, if you haven't noticed, your life is far from controlled."

"No one's life is perfect."

"I never said that life is perfect. All I'm saying is you should stop trying to tell yourself that life is perfect. Your life is not perfect."

Why does he make sense? At the same time, I don't necessarily agree with him. I've never said that my life was perfect. I'm just trying to keep things under control to point where I don't feel like breaking down.

"I've never said that my life was perfect. It's the farthest thing from and I know that. I act this way because I don't want all eyes to be on me when I walk into school. They don't need to know what I'm going through, so I put on a front. Everyone's fake around here anyway so, I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it." I say, picking up my pace a little.

Cameron is always trying to help me when I don't even ask for it. Here I am thinking that Cameron might actually have feelings for me, when in reality, he was just trying to get me out of an awkward situation.

He picks up his pace so that he can catch up with me. "Deja, you're one of the girls who says how she feels. Honestly, I feel like you and I are the only ones who have some authenticity in this school."

"That's not true."

"What do you mean?"

"There's one fake person in the situation and it's not me." I say, picking up the pace again, even though I know Cameron will catch up to me.

Dang it, he's so hard to stay mad at. As soon as I think about him leading me on and everything, I get upset, but then his abs come to mind. Those rock hard a...no we're not starting this all over again, Deja. We have to stay petty.

Just as expected, he does catch up to me again.

"Deja, what are you talking about?" He asks, staring me right in the eyes with his dreamy brown eyes.

I could get lost in them 24/7. Remember, stay petty, not distracted.

"I would think that after you failed 12th grade, you'd be able to understand what I'm talking about." I say, resulting in a hurt expression from Cameron.

I start to walk away, but I turn around because of my conscience. I went a little too far.

"I'm sorry, Cameron. I wanted to be petty because of what you said to me." I apologize hurriedly.

"Don't be sorry. You're right, I shouldn't challenge you so much."

"No, I'm a bitch sometimes."

"You said it, not me." He says with his hands up. "I just feel guilty because if I was at school, I could've probably convinced you to not go with him."

"If it makes you feel better, I did think about going to his house."

"So, you thought about it for a couple hours before you gave him answer?"

"No, by the time David asked me what my decision was, I was still torn so, I just decided to go with him."

Cameron facepalms. "Deja, what is wrong with you?"

"Don't let that distract you from the fact that I'm mad at you."

"Fine, tell me how you feel then."

Ok, how do I say this without letting my feelings loose?

"Well, why can't you just go to Homecoming with me?"

"Because I just-"

"Deja and Cameron, go to class before I suspend both you." Mr. Davis orders while walking faster than normal.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

I'm baaackkk. Well, at the moment I'm in the car on the way back, but y'all know what I mean. VA Beach was great. 10/10 would recommend.