Ch. 41- A New Family

Grab your popcorn because it gets good.

Deja's POV

"Deja, wait." My mom says as I walk outside.

I don't even know how I got out here. I know that I walked, but that's about it.

"Where are you going?" She asks me, but I continue to walk.

I'm not going to drive anywhere, I just want to walk to calm myself down. After my mom sees me continuing to walk, she turns around to walk back to the house. Finally, she's figured out that I don't want to be around her at the moment.

I don't know where I'm walking. I'm probably just gonna walk on the sidewalks of the neighborhood and then turn around after I feel better.

While I'm walking, I look around at the trees and the houses. Tiara used to always make fun of me because of the way that I looked at nature. I enjoy breathing in the fresh air and going outside.

Unlike Tiara, I'm not glued to my phone all the time either. Not to get sentimental or anything, but sometimes technology is handicapping. Whenever I think about it, I always miss being a kid.

When I was a kid, I wasn't exposed to technology too much. Speaking of kids, a little girl steps right in front of me to pick a flower from the grass. Once she picks the flower, she hands it to me. A smile instantly comes to my face.

"Olivia, come back!" I hear a girl from afar say.

"Okay!" The little girl screams back before running back to the voice.

I laugh to myself as the little girl almost trips over her own feet while running. I feel better so, I turn around to walk back to my house.

~~~
(Next Day)

I wake up, prepared to take on the day. Sunday's are usually easygoing for me. I do some homework, go to church occasionally, and watch TV. Emphasis on the TV part because I always do that.

I get out of bed and check my phone for notifications. My Snapchat is clear like it has been lately. Ever since I found out that Tiara was behind the dejajexposed account, my inbox has been clearer than usual. I haven't checked, but I assume that she deleted the account.

It's 2 pm, which is awfully late for me. It's a wonder that my mom didn't wake me up at 12 or 1. That's usually her cutoff time.

"Well, look at who decided to wake up." She says as I walk into my bathroom.

"I know right, it's a wonder that I even came up, right?"

"That's not a thing to laugh about, Deja."

I roll my eyes and turn to use the bathroom.

"I'm sorry that things had to turn out that way yesterday." My mom apologizes.

"Me too."

~~~

I'm sitting down on my bed, looking at the TV when I hear my phone go off.

CBDS😍: I'm really sorry that I said that you deserved what was coming to you.

Me: Idec anymore.

CBDS😍: About what?

Me: My only friend at the moment thinks I'm a hoe and my parents have been lying to me for a year. So, life in general.

CBDS😍: Wait, what?

10 minutes pass.

CBDS😍: Deja, answer me.

I lock my phone and put it on the bed. Shortly, my mom decides to come in my room and call me lazy. Does she not remember that I went out for a walk yesterday?

She tells me that I need to go out more and do something with my time. I roll my eyes, grab a hoodie because it's fall and walk out the door. I take the same route I did yesterday, except I think that I'm not going to take a short walk. I decide to make it all the way down to end of the neighborhood before turning around. I pull out my phone and turn on Spotify.

I look around and see a moving truck in front of one house near the end of the neighborhood. At that same house, I see the little girl I saw yesterday. This time, she's in the driveway playing with one of many stuffed animals. The house has a porch so, I wonder why she isn't playing on the porch. It would be safer that way.

"Olivia, go play on the porch before mom kills me." Someone says.

Olivia goes to the porch almost immediately. I guess there's a new family in the neighborhood. I laugh to myself before turning around again. I might as well walk to the opposite end of the neighborhood. If I went back to the house, my mom would tell me to go back outside.

While I'm outside, I should call my dad to ask him about his not-so recent engagement. When my mom divorced from my dad, my dad always told me that he'd stay in touch with me. Not only did he keep this major "secret" from me, but he didn't even wish me a happy birthday. Like previously stated, I don't care about my birthday that much, but my dad usually wishes me a happy birthday.

My mom said it to me I think. I'm not surprised that she kept her relationship from me. That's so characteristic for her. It's the truth, I know, it's sad.

You know what, I might just call my dad while I'm out here. At the same time, I want him to be in front of me to see him try to come up with an excuse. Actually, I want both of my parents to be in the same room when they tell me their respective excuses. I'll get them in the same room if the Lord allows me.

While I'm walking, I bump into my mom. When I say bump, I mean physical contact. I fall to the ground. I'm surprised as my mom never takes walks with me. If she can, she'll just go into the basement and run on the treadmill.

"Mom, what are you doing out here?" I say, brushing dirt and grass off my outfit.

"I didn't know that I was some kind of prisoner."

"Mom, you know what I mean. You never go on walks."

"Well, I heard that there was a new family moving in. You know I'm nosey so, I wanted to check them out."

That is so something my mom would say. She's always trying to judge someone.

"Mom, they're moving in right now. I would recommend that you come back later." I suggest.

"They're just putting furniture in right now. They started moving in two days ago." She says, trying to convince me to go and be nosey with her.

I walk with my mom as we get closer to the house that my mom wants to get familiar with for some reason. I tell her about how the family has a little girl who's named Olivia.

A white woman stands in the driveway. Because of the age, I assume that she's the mom of the house. My mom introduces both of us. In return, the woman introduces herself and Olivia, who is still standing in the driveway.

"Mommy, I know who she is." Olivia says, pointing.

"Sure, you do." The woman says.

"She was on the sidewalk, playing when I was taking a walk." I inform her.

"See, mommy! I don't lie." Olivia says, making a pouty face.

"Oh wait, I forgot to introduce you to my other daughter." The woman says. "Ava, come over here."

Ava, that name sounds familiar. Ava walks over to us, rolling her eyes. Wait, I know that eye roll from anywhere.

It's little miss bitch.

"She's going to Southview High School." The woman says, putting her arm around Ava.

"What a coincidence, Deja is too." My mom says, putting her arm around me.

I paint on a plastic smile as Ava's plastic smile begins to fall.

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thx for 30k reads and getting my book to number 59 in teen fiction.